MAF/pilot shortage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cat Driver said:
Only the bible is the true book to follow?

Therein lies the problem that we have, try and convince, say, the muslims of that.

Cat.

It isn't a problem for me, and according to the Bible, not everyone will believe. The only duty of the Christian insofar as others are concerned is to present the truth. While we should love our neighbor as ourselves, we have no way of pressuring a single person to believe. Even if we did, to do so would be useless, since one must come to God because of an open heart. We open the door, and after that, it's up to them. Islam, on the other hand, is largely spread by the point of the sword. In that case, your only choice is to conform or pay a bribe. If you don't like that, there is death.

Big difference on the surface, and a bigger difference in the content.

What other similar groups are there? I want to learn as much as I can before jumping in any particular direction.

>>Save it. Go thump your bible some place else.<<
Sorry, no can do. Jesus commanded us to preach the Gospel to all nations. You are included in there somewhere, Avbug.
>>Everytime one of you guys picks it up, the pounding give me a headache. Or perhaps that's heartache.<<
No doubt this is the Holy Spirit ministering to you that you should attend to God's Word. I recommend that you listen to Him.

>>I said it before, and I still maintain, that bible fanatics and Jesus freaks give Christianity a bad name. Zealots are all alike...muslim, christian, whatever.<<
You are obviously strong and sincere in your beliefs. It is just as obvious that, according to Christ's own Word, you are sincerely wrong, and strongly misguided!

>>I spent dedicated time doing exclusive service for my beliefs, and don't regret it. That you don't recognize that service in your own twisted viewpoint means nothing to me. It's a personal issue, none of your business.<<
Sounds like a Mormon mission service to me. You could clear the whole thing up by speaking plainly. Why don't you get it out on the table? Are you ashamed of what you believed?
If you were/are associated with Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholicism, or some other un-Godly cult, it's no wonder you are so confused and filled with contempt for Jesus, the living Word of God.

>>I am not in need of your salvation,<<
I have no salvation to offer you, but rather I commend to you the only salvation available to any sinner: That which Jesus provided by His death on the Cross.
>>nor do I want to hear about it.<<
As a human created in the image of God, with free will, that is your "privilege." However, I will continue to witness the Way, the Truth, and the Life to you, as long as I am able.

>>See you in hell, brightspark.<<

I forgive you with all of my heart for that bitter, shallow, and hate-filled remark. If you go to Hell (and it's your choice), you won't see me there. I'm going to Heaven because I have trusted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. "…if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." --Romans 10:9-10.
I'm still praying for you, Avbug.

Hateful? You don't know hate. You have never seen it, if you think that was hate.

Based on your stipulation, mate, I was saved a long time ago. If that's all it takes to be saved.

It isn't.

If you were/are associated with Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholicism, or some other un-Godly cult , it's no wonder you are so confused and filled with contempt for Jesus, the living Word of God.

Like I said long ago, it's folks like you that give Christianity a bad name.

Pius

Dear Jesus,

Please save me from your followers (onthebeach),

Amen.

Romans 10:9-10 is specific about what is needed by someone to be saved: (this is just like reading an FAR, except that this is a lot more clear)

10:9
"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

In other words, if you have faith that the ressurection is a fact, and you tell people of your faith (confess with your mouth) you will be saved.

10:10
"For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.'

So, apparently, the requirement has been spelled out clearly. What one is to DO once one has been saved is spelled out in James.

Based on your stipulation, mate, I was saved a long time ago. If that's all it takes to be saved.

That's what the Bible says...

Last edited:
Well, that explains all the chest-beating and bible-thumping, doesn't it?

You're saving yourself.

I knew there had to be a purpose to all that chest beating and piousness.

And just what is the reason for your crappy attitude?

Yeah, I know about the personal problems. I feel bad about that.

However, I have never beaten my chest at ANY time, and, as the lord is my witness, I'm sure not pious.

ROFLMAO!!!

:D

I've said nothing about "personal problems," mate. Nor do I want your feelings, good, bad, or otherwise.

How about sticking to avaition, then, instead of bible thumping. The sound is reverberating to the point of extreme annoyance. Hawk Jesus some place else. I realize now that this is how you're going to get saved...squawking His name over and over until you've beat it into everyone by "confessing it" enough.

Enough is enough. Shut up already. You're saved. We get it.

Latest resources

Back