• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LXjet Mec lowers the bar.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like the L-XJT MEC has drawn their line in the sand.

What is it you guys don't get that the XJT MEC CANNOT prevent the company from doing this. But the ASA MEC can prevent this if only they withdrew the ultimatum that caused management to take this path.

Just don't cave, you might get bigger RJs but keep the rate the same, or God forbid, higher than ASA's

true but if you don't cave then we can blame the arbitrator instead, fun times huh, but hey, TFATYD!

I dont see us caving to low rates since, according to several LASA guys we are way to militant and we need to learn to play ball.

We have a rate for smaller airplanes, 37 seaters. If we take the difference from that(12 less seats than a 50 seater) and add it to our 50 seat rate we get a 62 seat rate(60-66 seats). Add that again and we get a 74 seat rate(in my mind up to a 76 seat A/C). That would be my starting point as a place to work from. That puts us basically equal to the SKW -700 rate and a few bucks over the SKW -900 rate(looking at the 10 year CA rate to compare).

What is the ASA -700 rate? What about the -900 rate? Both at 10 years... APC doesnt have the pay scales posted.

I dont see us caving to low rates since, according to several LASA guys we are way to militant and we need to learn to play ball.

We have a rate for smaller airplanes, 37 seaters. If we take the difference from that(12 less seats than a 50 seater) and add it to our 50 seat rate we get a 62 seat rate(60-66 seats). Add that again and we get a 74 seat rate(in my mind up to a 76 seat A/C). That would be my starting point as a place to work from. That puts us basically equal to the SKW -700 rate and a few bucks over the SKW -900 rate(looking at the 10 year CA rate to compare).

What is the ASA -700 rate? What about the -900 rate? Both at 10 years... APC doesnt have the pay scales posted.

We only have 2 pay scales: up to 59 seats and 60-76 seats.
The 60-76 seat 10-year rate is $84.74.

Maybe they know something you don't from 2 years of bidding with it?

Globalization sucks! Ask any Continental pilot. It makes no difference what brand--Ames, AOS, SmartPref, or ADOPT.

The Delta pilots figured that out when they chose Navtec, the only seniority based system at the time, over the previous mentioned systems. Yes, SmartPref was available then and it was tested (to the extent that a non-operating system can be). It was rejected because it did not honor seniority and awards could not be explained. That's a good enough testimony for me. By the way, they were in bankruptcy.

Maybe line pilots should do some homework and make some phone calls to any buddies you have at Delta, ASA, Republic, and Virgin America.

It's clear that you are being mislead and information is being controlled by just a few "experts" (tounge in cheek).

Seek the truth, and you shall be set free!

Not everyone at ASA is thrilled with our version of PBS. I prefer it to our line bidding system, but I fly with enough guys who are confused at what they were awarded. If this many guys are still perplexed at how to bid, then maybe our system is too complex. It says something that 2 years later we still need PBS trainers.

I do OK with the system and can't complain too much about it, but I also get outsmarted by it from time to time, and I wind up with something hairy. I'm not enough of a "computer guy" I guess. There is VERY little room for error. The smallest misstep and you wind up with some nasty stuff. I have nothing to compare it to, so that's all I can comment on. Maybe that's the case with all PBS systems.

If we lose vacation low (which we ARE losing by the way), then I'd have no objection to entertaining an alternative PBS system. But I'd have to see it first.

Last edited:
Personally, I would be open to looking at a new system. I think I would prefer a system where I could see the results of my bid in real time.

So, is Smartpref going to have vacation low???? I would think if flica won't, neither will smartpref. So why switch over that???

Latest resources

Back