Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uncle Buck

Thanks Bluto.

Any interview seekers out there need a lift, consider renting 'Uncle Buck' starring another Canaaadian, the great
John Candy.

Ok ok, I know the postal system is slow; but please......

Let us say it again very slowly......

"Growth = Jobs = Interviews = LUV"

By the way this applies to all people... furloughed and non-furloughed alike. And what is up with this kicking fetish?

While we're on the subject... since there's not much interviewing going on...

"I've always wanted to go to college."
"Well, the world needs ditch diggers too!!"

or...

"I thought you'd be the man to beat this year."
"I guess you'll just have to keep beating yourself!"

Mrs. Green your looking lean and mean and not too far in-between...

Hey, You scratched my anchor.

Interview tip -

Don't bring that lousy attitude to your next interview.

Everyone has it tough these days.

So lighten up, Francis.

Major Project Update

This memo is the most recent update of major projects around our system that are either recently completed or to be done in the next 60-90 days. Not all major cities will be shown since some projects’ completion dates occur beyond the next 90 days.

All Cities: The installation of kiosks at all cities has been accelerated to accommodate the expected end of gate screening at many airports. All stations except LAS, ONT, SNA and STL should be complete the week of February 10, 2003; we are still working with those airports on location issues.

BDL: We expect to relocate to the new terminal in late April, giving us a much needed increase in space and adding one gate (total 3 with an option for a 4th). We will also be located in the terminal closest to the airport entrance.

BWI: We expect to occupy all of the CO and UA ATO March 1st.

HOU: Six gates on the new concourse are now scheduled to open February 19 for the DAL, HRL and CRP flights with a net increase of two gates. We also expect the new ticket counter and bag make-up areas to be open at that time. The HOU Inflight and Flight Ops base offices will move to the mezzanine level of the new concourse in April.

ISP: The FAA’s environmental approval has been received. Major construction work will start in February with completion of the first phase (four second level gates) expected in March ’04.

LAS: Construction to remodel our existing ticket counter has been completed.

Major Project Update
January 31, 2003

MCO: We have started operation on two more gates to accommodate new flights. That gives us a total of nine gates, allowing more growth beyond the 64 weekday flights that we are operating.

MDW: The airlines have approved a project schedule acceleration that will put us in our first new gates in March, 2003 (net gain of one gate). We have added four skycap positions and will start the phase 2 expansion of the Inflight base in March.

SNA: We are working with the airport and the other airlines to increase our ticket counter positions by 3 to a total of 9 in order to support new service. Following the necessary internal, other airline and airport approvals we expect to complete this work by the end of April, well in advance of the next flight additions in June.

TUS: We have started using gate 23 instead of gate 21, giving us more holdroom space. We retained the right to use gates 21 for overnight parking or other irregular ops.

TPA: Construction of a Customer Service office and several other support offices is underway on the concourse. Completion of this work is expected in February.
While loads are light, they are around historical norms. March classs is still on track, future classes in the following months aren't definite but plans are being made to have them. Projections are in the 3-4 range in the 2nd qtr. No word for future qtrs.

Thanks for the news

Chase,

Mucho Gracias!! Sounds like things are moving on at SWA.

Mailman,

I'm wasn't trying to point my finger at other airlines and say, "haha". I was just showing my "thumbs up" for SWA. I'm always in the mood for good news. Try to think of the half full glass thingy.

On another subject, I asked a bud of mine at SWA, "What do you think is one way that you can cut costs, besides obviously saving fuel, and implement the idea almost immediately?"

He said that the weather reports are a giant waste of trees for some of the routes. Example! PHX-ABQ. When it is severe clear and the weather report for that leg looks like an encyclopedia, it is a little overkill. He said that the weather reports should be tailored towards specific routes and the weather present at that time. Hey, maybe you cold save some paper and a few bucks here and there on every flight.

Ya'll take care,

SR

"You musta ben something before electricity"

"Now I know why tigers eat thier young"

I bet you have a lot of ties TY......Want to tie me up?

_Noonan....Noonan.....miss it ....

and my favorite.....

"How'd you like to make 20 bucks.....The HARD way"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back