• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Luthi as leader

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Luthi should be recalled.... Done with his "scare the membership into support" tactics....If even 1 member resigned NJA for a 2nd rate job for fear of being furloughed that is 1 too many.

He has been wrong more than right.. He needs to stick to defending the contract. Not running the business. He relays not a single positive that occurs. And even if he mentions something positive he usually spins it into a negative. (Refurbs, WIFI, a/c orders etc...)

Has he made one mention of the Global or Phenoms. The fact that the first Global is 100% sold and already headed to paint? Or that the company claims Phenom sales are going well. Or that bids are out for Phenom positions? Has he mentioned enhancements to the Ferry Waiver program. Or even the change back to FiJi water?? Any mention of the new HQ being finished?

Most importantly did he mention that Eyer stated plain as day that there were NO PLANS FOR FURLOUGHS? Contrary to Luthi's constant furlough fodder.....

He, and many on the Eboard, do not have the ability to admit mistakes.. That is a fatal flaw.

I think Luthi should be recalled.... Done with his "scare the membership into support" tactics....If even 1 member resigned NJA for a 2nd rate job for fear of being furloughed that is 1 too many.

He has been wrong more than right.. He needs to stick to defending the contract. Not running the business. He relays not a single positive that occurs. And even if he mentions something positive he usually spins it into a negative. (Refurbs, WIFI, a/c orders etc...)

Has he made one mention of the Global or Phenoms. The fact that the first Global is 100% sold and already headed to paint? Or that the company claims Phenom sales are going well. Or that bids are out for Phenom positions? Has he mentioned enhancements to the Ferry Waiver program. Or even the change back to FiJi water?? Any mention of the new HQ being finished?

Most importantly did he mention that Eyer stated plain as day that there were NO PLANS FOR FURLOUGHS? Contrary to Luthi's constant furlough fodder.....

He, and many on the Eboard, do not have the ability to admit mistakes.. That is a fatal flaw.

Somebody gets it! +1

Outside looking in... Reading this thread, it looks like scabs and irrelevant furloughed pilots want Luthi recalled.

The rest of you showed your a$$ to management with this one. *News flash, your mangt. is laughing at you over this.

All of this will cause you trouble next year when your contract becomes amendable. Better stop the infighting and circle the wagons now.

Unparallelled stupidity.

Outside looking in... Reading this thread, it looks like scabs and irrelevant furloughed pilots want Luthi recalled.

The rest of you showed your a$$ to management with this one. *News flash, your mangt. is laughing at you over this.

All of this will cause you trouble next year when your contract becomes amendable. Better stop the infighting and circle the wagons now.

Unparallelled stupidity.

Apparently someone who doesn't get it. I don't bad mouth those who don't want him recalled. They have their opinions, I have mine....

You have mistaken NJASAP with union weakness. It is not weakness to want a change in direction. Those that support the recall are not advocating concessions. Many of us have grown weary of the way Luthi handles business.

One other point you are mistaken in. Those irrevelent furloughees become very relevent upon return. And I'd bet we will remember the last couple of years more than a line pilot will.

Those irrelevant furloughees are just that irrelevant because they are not coming back. Open your eyes! The company is not purchasing aircraft in bulk, they're only allowing an airplane to be built when entirely sold. It sounds like great business but if the company was serious about susaining its size they would be buying in numbers greater than one. These deals were penned with intention of shrinking the compnay, 200-225 planes is the magical 10 year plan. The banana hammock management keeps talking about isn't about aircraft numbers but money! The only reason profit was shown last year is because of maintenance not performed. Why are all those Falcons parked with timed out engines? Because they cancelled the maintenance and that money is being shown as profit. The airframes themselves are showing on the books as being worth more than they are. The chickens are coming home to roost and more write downs are going to be taken this year and next so watch out! If you think this place is great you're polishing the brass on the Titanic. The company is in shrink mode. It's going to remain but how big is the question. Warren wants 200-225 planes and that's why JH is still around. He's following WB's plan to the letter. I hate saying this stuff but that's the way it is. If your seniority number is anything higher then say 1200 it's going to be the right seat for you after the next negotiation. Sure there will be jobs but will they be good ones and can you spend 20 years in the right seat at NJA? Those are the questions to ask yourself. Sorry.

Unparallelled stupidity.

What...you came out of your hole and dared to post?

Right on. Kudos, Bent.

Unparallelled stupidity.

Praetorian, remember we don't want the union recalled, just Luthi. We don't want him doing the same thing to NJA that he did to Emery. He is trying to build his resume to get a job with a union hierarchy somewhere at our expense, it seems to me.

Praetorian, remember we don't want the union recalled, just Luthi. We don't want him doing the same thing to NJA that he did to Emery. He is trying to build his resume to get a job with a union hierarchy somewhere at our expense, it seems to me.

I actually agree with G4's first entence... I'm a Union pilot 100%.. As good as I did landing on my feet after the furlough, I really hate the fact I am now non-union .. I don't want the Union changed, just the man at the top. I don't think he is near the best man to handle meetings/business etc...

I think Luthi has not represented what is occurring at NJA truthfully. Or as truthful as he could have been.

As far as his motives for building his resume. I do get the feeling (just my gut) that he has been building for something else. What that is I don't know.... First thought that comes to mind is Union organizer, with him as the head organizer......I don't personally know the guy, he has never made an appearance on the furloughed msg board, so it's all just a feeling....

I'm not a radical. Just my perspective from watching very closely over the last 3 years....

That may be the only time I agree even remotely with G4

Those irrelevant furloughees are just that irrelevant because they are not coming back. Open your eyes! The company is not purchasing aircraft in bulk, they're only allowing an airplane to be built when entirely sold. It sounds like great business but if the company was serious about susaining its size they would be buying in numbers greater than one. These deals were penned with intention of shrinking the compnay, 200-225 planes is the magical 10 year plan. The banana hammock management keeps talking about isn't about aircraft numbers but money! The only reason profit was shown last year is because of maintenance not performed. Why are all those Falcons parked with timed out engines? Because they cancelled the maintenance and that money is being shown as profit. The airframes themselves are showing on the books as being worth more than they are. The chickens are coming home to roost and more write downs are going to be taken this year and next so watch out! If you think this place is great you're polishing the brass on the Titanic. The company is in shrink mode. It's going to remain but how big is the question. Warren wants 200-225 planes and that's why JH is still around. He's following WB's plan to the letter. I hate saying this stuff but that's the way it is. If your seniority number is anything higher then say 1200 it's going to be the right seat for you after the next negotiation. Sure there will be jobs but will they be good ones and can you spend 20 years in the right seat at NJA? Those are the questions to ask yourself. Sorry.

Only one word for the author of this post = LOST
This is the same scare tatic rhetoric BS Luthi writes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back