• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lowest time known for right seat job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, what's your problem? What's wrong with me making a job transition?
Nothing wrong with making a transition...but why did you waste your time and that of your employer when you had more than enough evidence that dispatching was not what you wanted to do?

You wanna talk about a bunch of whiners and generally rude people, go look at most of the posts you all make on the Dispatchers forum.
Actually, the only whining I see is in regards to the Pinnacle contract...and I think those guys have more than enough reason to be upset. As far as rudeness...there is a certain attitude amongst dispatchers where we sometimes come off rude. It's mostly just our warped sense of humour.

And so what if I dispatch for Skybus?
Think about that statement.

Don't get mad at me just because I probably am making more money and have a better quality of life than a lot of the people dispatching at some of the regionals.
Wish to compare W-2's, QOL, benefits? I'm quite happy with where I am and what I'm making. I enjoy my job and, while we could all be paid a little more at all levels, I'm more than OK with what I brought home last year and the three raises I will have received between October and January. Do I wish I lived a little closer to DFW?...sure I do, but my benefits package (flights, jumpseats, vacation, personal days, etc.) allow me to almost commute if I truly wanted to with only a slight ding to QOL.

And so what if they did offer me a flying job? Do you really think I feel I'm "bringing down the industry?" HELL NO! I just wanna fly. Just because you're unhappy, don't make me feel like dirt in the process.
If you do indeed work for Skybus (which I don't know for fact, but I gather from other posts you've made)...need I say more?

All in all, I bag on you because you're exactly what I can't stand working with. Someone who cannot make a decision and, once one is made, whines about it and tries to get out of it. I have a problem with anyone working in any facet of Flight Operations who can't seem to make a decision for themselves when all the facts are laid out in front of them.

Last edited:
It's not about being indecisive. I make important, and good, decisions every day. I see absolutely nothing wrong with always staying focussed on improving yourself and your situation. Maybe we think differently in this regard? Maybe I am always looking for the next best thing...there's nothing wrong with having drive. When I graduated college, it was only months after 9/11....not exactly the best time to try and get into flying....a lot of us struggled.....so in order to finally work in a job where I'd make more than $10/hour doing something other than line-service but still stay in aviation and close to flying I decide to get my dispatch license. Now times have changed and I possibly have the opportunity to do what I originally went to school for. Tell me at all what is wrong with this?

It's not about being indecisive. I make important, and good, decisions every day. I see absolutely nothing wrong with always staying focussed on improving yourself and your situation. Maybe we think differently in this regard? Maybe I am always looking for the next best thing...there's nothing wrong with having drive. When I graduated college, it was only months after 9/11....not exactly the best time to try and get into flying....a lot of us struggled.....so in order to finally work in a job where I'd make more than $10/hour doing something other than line-service but still stay in aviation and close to flying I decide to get my dispatch license. Now times have changed and I possibly have the opportunity to do what I originally went to school for. Tell me at all what is wrong with this?
There's nothing wrong with wanting to pursue something better and/or something you want to do. I'm working on the same thing, just within the flight control realm. More power to you there. I just have a problem with people who go into something they didn't want to do in the first place or bail out when they had the facts about the job in the first place.

I guess that comes from my days in radio where I used to get kids (I use that term loosely, they weren't much younger than me) that wanted to get into the radio business. I would tell them...there is no glamour in mid-market radio...and it's alot of work with little reward. They would come back and say, "but I love the industry!", would do half-arsed work for my station until they realized everything I told them was the truth...then bail out.

You spent a good period of time debating dispatching or flying on the Dispatcher Forum. you were given some excellent gouge from people at several different levels of expertise and airline size. Most told you to stick to flying.

Then you came back on there last week throwing a fit about having to work at 0300 and not having a life (who's complaining about QOL, now?). You had sufficiently warned what skeds were like and what to expect. Sounds like someone is questioning a decision they made...which isn't quite indecisiveness, but can still get you killed.

I guess my tolerance is just low for people like that.

Well, here's what I'm going to say as my final word about that. When you've just gotten married, are barely making livable money....and your wife just got out of college and has no good job....I could either a) stick with flight instructing...getting inconsistent pay, and possibly no pay at all if the weather had a bad streak....or b) look to something else in aviation that I would enjoy doing and would improve my newly formed family's situation and way of life, with the possible opportunity down the road to get back into flying.

And let's look back at my post about schedules. It became a fairly large topic, didn't it? Lots of people posting schedules they currently, or have worked in the past. And it was a good topic/debate. Now I see my schedule isn't so "crazy" after all. In fact, I should be lucky just to have a schedule that doesn't rotate. So you say I'm whining....I merely posed my situation and asked a question to the rest of which turned into a multiple page topic. No "whining" involved. I know when to put on my big-boy pants.

And lastly,
I asked the question on this particular forum about flying time and being hired for the right seat. Nowhere did I ask for someone to come along and bash me as a dispatcher or a person in general. Why would you start ripping on me in front of other pilots and potential future co-workers when you didn't even address my question, and in fact, tried to take it in an entirely new direction? I would just have preferred if you couldn't answer my question, then to just not say anything at all.

That and line fouls in bowling. Lighten up, Walter.
"Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

Sorry for the rant, kids. There's just something about this guy that rubs me the wrong way.

And, if it will make you happy, here's an answer your question: 260TT, 20 multi (guesstimated...I don't remember his actual numbers...a friend I used to work with).

221TT with 216 multi. He was a newhire at Lakes in January of '00 ish. He passed training but quit to go work for COEX. Not sure whatever happened to him after that. Anybody know of this guy? I'm sure he would have stuck out due to his unusual training at Centenial (sp?) in Denver. Just curious as to what became of him. He definitely had the passion for this job.

Would that be Global Alliance at APA? Didn't they gear up something like two Bonanzas and one Baron in the span of six months?

Latest resources

Back