Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bgaviator

Hello,
I'm currently working as a 121 dispatcher and I have all of my ratings...commercial multi-engine. I just don't have that much time, only a little over 400 hours TT, and about 14 multi. I also haven't flown in quite awhile. I've really been thinking about asking some managers within my company if they would consider me for the right seat since I'm familiar with the aircraft and company procedures, even though I have little time. Have you ever heard of anyone making this kind of transition, and what's the lowest amount of time you've heard of someone being able to make right seat? Thanks.

TSA has hired with as little as 250 TT and 25 multi. Although now I hear its closer to 500 TT 50 multi

Get some currency, you'd be desiriable to someone then.

That's a mouthful, currency is extreamly when trying to make it through training. True, airlines are hiring with low times, however those newhires usually are very current which makes the difference.

Ran into a guy at ASA that got hired with about 230TT. Part 141 commercial mins will allow that.

I was a part 61 boy so all that seems kind of strange.

If your company is a worthwhile company, they should fall all over themselves to hire you. Seriously, if you have a good work history, they would love to have you. And you will obviously know most of the regs already, that is helpful.

I would go for it. Just be SURE you want to fly for a regional.

Call pilot recruiting and talk to them about it

Hello,
I'm currently working as a 121 dispatcher and I have all of my ratings...commercial multi-engine. I just don't have that much time, only a little over 400 hours TT, and about 14 multi. I also haven't flown in quite awhile. I've really been thinking about asking some managers within my company if they would consider me for the right seat since I'm familiar with the aircraft and company procedures, even though I have little time. Have you ever heard of anyone making this kind of transition, and what's the lowest amount of time you've heard of someone being able to make right seat? Thanks.

Currency is really important to recruiters not so much total time. If you haven't flown in quite awhile don't even bother, get current.

221TT with 216 multi. He was a newhire at Lakes in January of '00 ish. He passed training but quit to go work for COEX. Not sure whatever happened to him after that. Anybody know of this guy? I'm sure he would have stuck out due to his unusual training at Centenial (sp?) in Denver. Just curious as to what became of him. He definitely had the passion for this job.

Latest resources

Back