• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lowest time known for right seat job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go for it bgaviator....Most of these guys on here are winers. I have 10 times more time then you do (and probably alot more experience) I think alot of these guys on here had a childhood dream of being Maverick spent hundreds and thousands of hours in a 152 and then reality hit. So ignore them.

However, you probably are much more familiar with how things work then most newhires. and if I was in your position I'd be thinking about the same. (moving on if thats what you want) Make sure your, multi and instrument current and apply. Like someone said you know the regs, and are in the biz it will be good coffee talk during the interview.

Well, here's what I'm going to say as my final word about that. When you've just gotten married, are barely making livable money....and your wife just got out of college and has no good job....I could either a) stick with flight instructing...getting inconsistent pay, and possibly no pay at all if the weather had a bad streak....or b) look to something else in aviation that I would enjoy doing and would improve my newly formed family's situation and way of life, with the possible opportunity down the road to get back into flying.

And let's look back at my post about schedules. It became a fairly large topic, didn't it? Lots of people posting schedules they currently, or have worked in the past. And it was a good topic/debate. Now I see my schedule isn't so "crazy" after all. In fact, I should be lucky just to have a schedule that doesn't rotate. So you say I'm whining....I merely posed my situation and asked a question to the rest of which turned into a multiple page topic. No "whining" involved. I know when to put on my big-boy pants.

And lastly,
I asked the question on this particular forum about flying time and being hired for the right seat. Nowhere did I ask for someone to come along and bash me as a dispatcher or a person in general. Why would you start ripping on me in front of other pilots and potential future co-workers when you didn't even address my question, and in fact, tried to take it in an entirely new direction? I would just have preferred if you couldn't answer my question, then to just not say anything at all.

Pinnacle: 192 TT, not sure of the multi. He came from RAA or some other 141 program and finished with the bare minimum times before doing some RJ "transition" course.

But if you'd consider flying right seat for that scumbag Skybus operation, then I hope you stay at the dispatcher's desk so you can't help lower the bar with the rest of the Skumbus guys.

this may be absurd, but could alpa use their money to pay guys say a salary of 75,000 a year to stay away from skybus and put them out of business? freeze them out of the labor pool? and then gaurantee them interivews with alpa carriers. wouldn't that be the utopia for an airline UNION? yep it's absurd.

anyone understand airline econ? how can skybus possibly raise their yield from 5 cents per rpm to what, 11 or 12 where i guess it would profitable.
how can they possibly do it with 96 /oil (yesterday's close) and winter weather ahead. looks like another bad quarter coming.

Latest resources

Back