Lowest time known for right seat job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello,
I'm currently working as a 121 dispatcher and I have all of my ratings...commercial multi-engine. I just don't have that much time, only a little over 400 hours TT, and about 14 multi. I also haven't flown in quite awhile. I've really been thinking about asking some managers within my company if they would consider me for the right seat since I'm familiar with the aircraft and company procedures, even though I have little time. Have you ever heard of anyone making this kind of transition, and what's the lowest amount of time you've heard of someone being able to make right seat? Thanks.
You've been dispatching there how long...less than 6 months? Why would the company want to consider someone who can't complete at year at their current position?

Seems like it wasn't long ago that you were trying to find a dispatch job and were given all kinds of info over on the Dispatcher forum and complained about every recommendation & bit of info you were given. It was because of this that many of us recommended you stay away from dispatch, get current, and find a pilot gig because of how much we could tell it wasn't for you and how much you whined about everything.

After being told everything you needed to know well in advance, you came back on there a few months later and complained about the early morning schedules dispatchers work and how you weren't getting any rest or seeing your girlfriend. If you can't handle a dispatcher's fairly consistent schedule, do you really think you can handle flying some of the ridiculous skeds these guys are on?

So, what happens when these guys give you the gouge you need for a pilot gig? Gonna whine about everything they told you after 3 weeks of flying the line?

And, besides, aren't you dispatching for SkyBus? Well, hell, nevermind...maybe you are right seat material for them.

My FO sim partner came in at 230 hrs...so far he's holding his own more than expected (getting a bit cocky though :) )

Hello,
I'm currently working as a 121 dispatcher and I have all of my ratings...commercial multi-engine. I just don't have that much time, only a little over 400 hours TT, and about 14 multi.

About 14 multi....well which one is it, 13 or 14 hours?

This conversation is scary. Wow its a wonder regional accidents haven't been up in the past 6 mo.

Bottom line, Consider the QOL at the airlines that would hire you with that low time, and if that's good enough, go for it. But starting off at Lakes or even TSA isn't really recommended if you enjoy enjoying life.

You've been dispatching there how long...less than 6 months? Why would the company want to consider someone who can't complete at year at their current position?

Seems like it wasn't long ago that you were trying to find a dispatch job and were given all kinds of info over on the Dispatcher forum and complained about every recommendation & bit of info you were given. It was because of this that many of us recommended you stay away from dispatch, get current, and find a pilot gig because of how much we could tell it wasn't for you and how much you whined about everything.

After being told everything you needed to know well in advance, you came back on there a few months later and complained about the early morning schedules dispatchers work and how you weren't getting any rest or seeing your girlfriend. If you can't handle a dispatcher's fairly consistent schedule, do you really think you can handle flying some of the ridiculous skeds these guys are on?

So, what happens when these guys give you the gouge you need for a pilot gig? Gonna whine about everything they told you after 3 weeks of flying the line?

And, besides, aren't you dispatching for SkyBus? Well, hell, nevermind...maybe you are right seat material for them.

Dude, what's your problem? What's wrong with me making a job transition? Chances are it would take me a little while to get back into currency anyways. You wanna talk about a bunch of whiners and generally rude people, go look at most of the posts you all make on the Dispatchers forum. And so what if I dispatch for Skybus? Don't get mad at me just because I probably am making more money and have a better quality of life than a lot of the people dispatching at some of the regionals. And so what if they did offer me a flying job? Do you really think I feel I'm "bringing down the industry?" HELL NO! I just wanna fly. Just because you're unhappy, don't make me feel like dirt in the process.

Latest resources

Back