Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Love the JetBlue anti-union propaganda....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.jetbluefacts.com/

Just the "facts" he-he. I think Dave is really, really scared.

the facts are the facts and Dave is probably scared the end of Jet blue in near.......but just the facts right......ALPA will destroy Jet blue, just look at the broken promises at United. They were promised the world and look at them now ??? I know I know it wasnt ALPA and the lazy no work for top dollar contract they forced on the company it was all managements fault right or the Flight Attendants or the Mechs right it was never that fault of ALPA or lazy pilots that would not fly.......

ALPA will be the end of jet blue, I know I know they have told the union wackos over there that they will save them and get them one of those great top dollar for sitting at home running the yogurt shop contracts. ALPA talks a big talk but never delivers.

Good luck vote no if you don't want to be in the unemployment line soon.

Hm

Well, hm ,ah...

Flynvixens analysis is somewhat simplistic.

I dont buy the unions-ruin-the-company line. It was invented by management for just this kind of situation(Jetblue). The classic example of the opposite is Southwest, the most heavily unionized airline in the US.

I just wish they would leave family references out of their attempts to influence me. That is pathetic and low.

Dane

I'm not against you guys organizing, but that one page on ALPA/APA losses over all the years is pretty eye opening. Putting everything that has been lost on one page is overwhelming.

I think an in-house union might be better, but that failed last go around didn't it?

RF

I think an in-house union might be better, but that failed last go around didn't it?

RF

It did, but I think this time around it would have much more support. My prediction is that ALPA fails on this drive, but within a year later we vote an in-house union. The in-house structure is already there, we just need to vote for it.

the facts are the facts and Dave is probably scared the end of Jet blue in near.......but just the facts right......ALPA will destroy Jet blue, just look at the broken promises at United. They were promised the world and look at them now ??? I know I know it wasnt ALPA and the lazy no work for top dollar contract they forced on the company it was all managements fault right or the Flight Attendants or the Mechs right it was never that fault of ALPA or lazy pilots that would not fly.......

ALPA will be the end of jet blue, I know I know they have told the union wackos over there that they will save them and get them one of those great top dollar for sitting at home running the yogurt shop contracts. ALPA talks a big talk but never delivers.

Good luck vote no if you don't want to be in the unemployment line soon.

Why is it that every 'contribution' you make to this board reads like the text equivalent of diarrhea?

Last edited:
ALPA national is not the problem IMO. ALPA national has virtually no say in how an individual MEC does business. People give national WAY to much ********************, when in reality, its the local MEC that gave away the farm, or had a ******************** load of senior guys vote on something only to ******************** their younger co-workers. If you get a crappy contract, its not nationals fault(they wont generally give their opinion either way about a TA prior to voting) its the locals fault. ALPA just gives the tools to help negotiate a contract. The union is the pilots(same ones that you are working with now), ALPA is only the name on the door. If you dont have voter turn out, dont blame ALPA, blame your pilots.

There is no reason why your relationship with the company has to all the sudden become adversarial just because you vote ALPA in. If your relationship becomes adversarial if you vote ALPA in, I would look at what the company has done to change things, not what ALPA did. At XJT for years we have had a good relationship with the company and things were excellent. It has only been in the past 2-3 years that things have gone downhill and its not ALPA's fault(as much as people want to blame them), its the companies fault for doing everything they have done.

All of this could be the same with an in-house union, teamsters, etc... Management fears unions for a reason, even if unwarranted.

It did, but I think this time around it would have much more support. My prediction is that ALPA fails on this drive, but within a year later we vote an in-house union. The in-house structure is already there, we just need to vote for it.

This is incorrect. It might have more support but no more financial backing. The JBPA was only suitable for a relatively friendly relationship. It was hoped the first time around that the company would be, if not supportive, at least not hostile to an in-house union. We know know that they are and the Southwest Airlines collaborative model isn't going to work here with this management. They would bleed us dry. If you want representation, you'd better hope this drive doesn't fail. There is no in-house plan B.

If this drive fails we better all polish up our resume's. Before another drive could be orginazied we will likely be bought or merged with another airline. At that point we will have no rights or protections to jobs at the new carrier. As far as our supposed no furlough policy according to our PEA and recent correspondence from the company we would be paid as long as we are still "qualified" on the airplane. So after 90 days when you dequal you are on the street. This union vote is very important for the future of all Jetblue pilots, not just for QOL issues but to have a seat at the table should a merger/buyout occur.

RF
Red...you have to remember to compare apples to apples.

An in-house union has worked just fine at SWA because your management is employee-friendly. When you have a hostile and extreme anti-employee, anti-union management (like AirTran), then you'd better have vast resources, teams of lawyers, and deep pockets at your disposal. I speak from experience. We jettisoned our in-house union and went with ALPA. We've never looked back.

No in-house union could EVER match, or even come close, to the resources that ALPA brings to the table. That, in and of itself, is a very compelling reason for the JetBlue pilots to vote for ALPA. They also have to remember that you are only as good as your MEC; so be darn sure to elect LEC officers who have a strong backbone, don't hide in the shadows, are not in it just to get out of flying the line, and above all - remain accessible and communicate always.

Latest resources

Back