• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like SKW doesn't want to park 50 seaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about well all just wait 1 year and see who is getting the new 900's and whos 200's are going away....

Is that why Delta took 14 crj700's away from Skywest and gave them to GoJets? If Skywest had so much say so, then why didn't DAL agree to the rate Skywest bid and keep them there? Did a cheap low ball cost offer out weigh any pull Skywest has with Delta?

Actually, I think it was a purchase incentive. Skywest got those planes when they purchased Asa. Trans states holdings now got those planes when they purchased compass.

SkyWest will not bid for flying at a loss, GoJets will. It's that simple. Plus, those aircraft are owned by Delta so they are not under SkyWest contract.

I know it's really the same but..... Technically those planes are still owned by Comair.

Well skywest lost AT flying and needed to place those frames somewhere. They underbid mesa for the flying in PHX to keep those airplanes generating revenue, so if they are turning a profit there I'd be very surprised.

Completely inaccurate. This has been stated numerous times on here and I'm too tired to find the link to send you to all the numerous threads about this.

The issue for SkyWest is that we are on the hook for the leases for the 50 seaters until 2020, so putting a 50 seater in the desert in exchange for a new 76 seater is a non starter if you must still pay the lease on the 50 seater. When SkyWest acquired the aircraft it was coupled with a long term contract with Delta for this very reason. You don't want to get stuck with a lease payment on an aircraft which is not generating revenue.

If Delta wants SkyWest to park those aircraft they will have to buyout the remainder of the contract. I don't know how that will affect the awarding of additional 76 seaters, that is actually a separate issue.

Most likely, Comair's remaining 50's will be gone and in Pinnacles situation their 50's will also most likely be gone. How many does that make? Delta needs to lose 218 I think.

The Delta connection world will likely be very bloody over the next year, but SkyWest is holding the best cards.

Correct me if i am wrong but Delta gave SKywest (ASA) 80% of the regional lift out of ATL as part of the Sale. There is a similar situation in SLC where Skywest owns a bunch of the gates right?

Then there is the point of who buys the new 76 seat jets from the Delta contract? If all this Delta pilot contract 50 seat reduction has to take place before the end of 2015 the Skywest order does not have much to do with this posturing. The Trans States order is one that I would be watching. Those have to be delivered before the Skywest order (Trans States is the US Launch customer) and fit nicely with the reduction of the 50 seaters.

I do not know what is going to happen but I do know that things are not looking too good for Comair (first) and Pinnacle (second).

The majors controlling the regionals is the tail wagging the dog...the regionals should all form a coalition and force the majors to deal with regionals on the regional's terms..or go piss up a rope.....

That's because Regional airlines are really outsource lift providers. No reservation system, no revenue management, and the route structures are defacto routes contracted by the major airline partner. How long could Skywest last as a stand alone airline? My guess, slightly longer than Independence did.

If anyone is thinks regional airlines hold the reigns, they are living in a fantasy world.

Latest resources

Back