• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like SKW doesn't want to park 50 seaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds good to me. They all should become the next Indy Air.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And yet you just voted to breathe new long term life in them by adding more 76 aircraft. One side of your mouth says "this cba is great giving more 76 seat to regionals" but the other side says "They all should become the next Indy Air". Which is it General. This cba was a chance to keep the squeeze on crappy expensive 50 seat jets and watch them wither and die while making a bid to fly anything bigger in house. I think the opposite will happen and even bigger 90-100 seat will end up at the regionals over time.
I understand wanting to take the pay raise but at some point alpa needs to make a decision what the long term goals of mainline are not just short term.
I saw a thread somewhere with a cartoon about Delta pilots in the seventies, eighty's making enough each month to buy a new Caddy but could only buy a old wore out Caddy today. Could you imagine if that pay ratio was even remotely close today? New Caddy is what 60k now.

Last edited:
I think it's funny DAL has been telling regionals forever do this or else and they've finally ran across one that's telling them to pound sand. They have a business to run and shareholders to answer to, hope they tell them it's either a 1/1 or I'll see ya 2020. I've read on here that it's in our contract that DAL could do a 2/1 swap if they wanted to, any validity to that??

The problem is here is what will happen to Skywest. Delta says, ok...keep your 50 seaters until 2020 per the contract. They award the new 76 seaters to Pinnacle and GoJets on the 2 for 1 deal (maybe they lose more 50's per the DAL contract limits). Then in 2020, Delta says bye bye to Skywest for not playing ball and eliminates all their 200's at that time.

The problem is here is what will happen to Skywest. Delta says, ok...keep your 50 seaters until 2020 per the contract. They award the new 76 seaters to Pinnacle and GoJets on the 2 for 1 deal (maybe they lose more 50's per the DAL contract limits). Then in 2020, Delta says bye bye to Skywest for not playing ball and eliminates all their 200's at that time.

maybe... but by 2020 Delta will most likely be run by someone else

Anybody know whatever happen with that lawsuit a number of year ago where SkyWest sued Delta over a contractual dispute? I can't remember the details.

Delta's new contract doesn't specify who is going to purchase these new 76 seat aircraft, does it? Who among the DCI carriers has the money to finance these airplanes if Delta isn't picking up the tab?

Good point, and certainly a factor, but....financing didn't seem to stop Trans States from buying Compass, ordering MRJs and adding all that flying to GoJet. I think low costs to the Major partner are going to be more valuable that Skywests supposed strong cash position.

Considering SkyWest took ASA off Delta's hands at pretty much Delta begging them to, I think SkyWest has a lot more say in this matter than anyone at Delta will admit. SkyWest maybe just a regional in this game, but you can bet that when they speak to their partners, they listen.

Considering SkyWest took ASA off Delta's hands at pretty much Delta begging them to, I think SkyWest has a lot more say in this matter than anyone at Delta will admit. SkyWest maybe just a regional in this game, but you can bet that when they speak to their partners, they listen.

Is that why Delta took 14 crj700's away from Skywest and gave them to GoJets? If Skywest had so much say so, then why didn't DAL agree to the rate Skywest bid and keep them there? Did a cheap low ball cost offer out weigh any pull Skywest has with Delta?

Dear Delta,

If you wish to force SkyWest Inc. to park CRJ's, please hire as many CRJ pilots as you can from them. There are no other pilots to fill this void, and by default, SkyWest Inc. will HAVE to park airplanes because nobody will be available to fly them.

Best Regards,
A CRJ Pilot

Latest resources

Back