• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like Flops is chopping again.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck to everyone and their families.

Sorry to hear it. 3 friends got hit in the last round; I'm crossing my fingers that others aren't in this group. :(

Pilots reductions?

NetJets = 0
Flex =30 (+/-)
Shares =25 (+/-)
Avant = 0
XOJEt = 20

FLOPS=215 pilots and X number of support. Sorry these numbers don't add up. (104+63+48)

25 lay offs at Flex Jet not 30 + 8 that were terminated due to training issues. Currently there are 439 at Flex.

I really think more furloughs is a tactic that the down economy allows management get away with. They know that a good percentage of the guys on furlough will probably not want to come back if they are on the street long enough. This will allow management to replace them with lower paid new hires, when the time comes. When they negotiate pay, you can bet that the new hires will get squat while the longer term pilots will get a raise. They guys voting, (pretty much all PIC's now) will go for it because they think that they are getting a pretty good raise and don't really care about new hires, & Flops will put out press releases touting how great they are and how they are giving raises in this bad economy. Then there will be a re-bid after the contract and a lot of the former PIC's will suddenly realize that they are now officially SIC's again, with the "slide to poverty" pay. You can bet there won't be a press release about that! When the economy picks back up, the company will start recalling furloughed pilots who, if they decide to come back, will also have to bid into an SIC seat with SIC pay. If/When Flops ever gets back to 500+ pilots, the bottom 150+ will all be new hires with new hire pay. That is managements intentions with more furloughs. . . Of course, I hope I'm wrong !!!

What about the 30+ brand new type ratings Flops just paid for? Some still in school and most just out of school, not even a chance for one rotation before being let go?

Go fiq?

25 lay offs at Flex Jet not 30 + 8 that were terminated due to training issues. Currently there are 439 at Flex.

Let's just say that in the last quarter, 8 pilots left the company for reasons other than the 25 laid off from the bottom of the list. At least a couple of them resigned voluntarily, at least one retired. Don't make it sound as if the company is gunning for pilots in recurrent. They are not.

I got hit in the first round and couldn't be happier... shame on KR and crew. Karma is a muther*************************er!

Now if i can just get that great paying job at Signature!

Latest resources

Back