Looks like Flops is chopping again.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long until FLOPs closes the doors?

I've been hearing of their impending demise for a long time now...

Sorry to the people on the street.

I may as well ask the question: Who is next?

I really think more furloughs is a tactic that the down economy allows management get away with. They know that a good percentage of the guys on furlough will probably not want to come back if they are on the street long enough. This will allow management to replace them with lower paid new hires, when the time comes. When they negotiate pay, you can bet that the new hires will get squat while the longer term pilots will get a raise. They guys voting, (pretty much all PIC's now) will go for it because they think that they are getting a pretty good raise and don't really care about new hires, & Flops will put out press releases touting how great they are and how they are giving raises in this bad economy. Then there will be a re-bid after the contract and a lot of the former PIC's will suddenly realize that they are now officially SIC's again, with the "slide to poverty" pay. You can bet there won't be a press release about that! When the economy picks back up, the company will start recalling furloughed pilots who, if they decide to come back, will also have to bid into an SIC seat with SIC pay. If/When Flops ever gets back to 500+ pilots, the bottom 150+ will all be new hires with new hire pay. That is managements intentions with more furloughs. . . Of course, I hope I'm wrong !!!

Those that know Ricci know that this kind of thinking could be true.

Ken Ricci is laughing his azz off.
Now go back out and fly those busted rent-a-wrecks, make Ricci proud.

Is'nt it time for another Re-Branding with new colors, uniforms and signage?

Some more good pilots have been lost due to poor management and a bad economy that magnifies the mistakes made long ago.

Those that know Ricci know that this kind of thinking could be true.

Ken Ricci is laughing his azz off.
Now go back out and fly those busted rent-a-wrecks, make Ricci proud.

Is'nt it time for another Re-Branding with new colors, uniforms and signage?

Some more good pilots have been lost due to poor management and a bad economy that magnifies the mistakes made long ago.

Very well said Fed! What a dirtbag he is!

How long until FLOPs closes the doors?

I've been hearing of their impending demise for a long time now...

Sorry to the people on the street.

I may as well ask the question: Who is next?

I would imagine that if Embraer wasn't proping them up with cash they would be gone already.

Things are ugly EVERYWHERE.

Latest resources

Back