• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for RAH thought & information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what is the chances of a new hire in DCA?

This may be a little late, but if you want DCA, request a Shuttle America class, bid LGA and commute....it's one of the easiest commutes you could ask for....particularly since Shuttle America operates the Delta Shuttle between DCA-LGA.

Not that you'd ever have to ride the actual....those cabins are largely wide open.

I'm sorry that no one saw fit to be a bit more helpful and offer this advice earlier.

Best of luck to you in training.

This may be a little late, but if you want DCA, request a Shuttle America class, bid LGA and commute....it's one of the easiest commutes you could ask for....particularly since Shuttle America operates the Delta Shuttle between DCA-LGA.

Not that you'd ever have to ride the actual....those cabins are largely wide open.

I'm sorry that no one saw fit to be a bit more helpful and offer this advice earlier.

Best of luck to you in training.

Finally! Thanks! Who knwos when the next shuttle class is...

Finally! Thanks! Who knwos when the next shuttle class is...

No problem....I hope it's not too late to be of any help. I don't know when the next Shuttle class is, but the company seems to be running Shuttle classes at a 5 to 1 ratio vs the other 2 native RAH certs combined, I'm thinking that it shouldn't be a problem to get you a date for one of them. The IMSL went live, uhh, yesterday, I think, so it may be a little down the road, but the QOL would be head and shoulders above anything offered by one of the other certs, particularly since LGA is the junior base.

Have you been in contact with John Auditore? If you were to call or e-mail (e-mail seems to be best) and diplomatically explain the reason for wanting a Shuttle class, I'm sure he'd be willing to help.

Sept class date.

So I have a trip to australia planned. Tickets bought non refundable feb 29th to march 14th.... How do I get that time off who do I ask?
Do I tell?

OMG are you going to work for the wrong company!!!!! It's a regional!!!! Do you really think they are going to give you two weeks off in a row during spring break just for the hell of it? You are either out whatever money you spent on your ticket or out of a job when the time comes. You might be able to come up with some lame medical excuse and get some family leave, but that is dishonest. People have been told no to their own marriage plans before.

You're coming to a company that applies "crew use" stickers to TWO (2) 16.9oz bottles of water per turn.

I've been here for a while, and quite frankly I can't imagine a worse company for employment. The pairing construction software is DOS operated! That's how cheap they are!

QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMB & ERJ SERIES:
1,200 hours Total Time (fixed wing)
200 hours MEL
+ 100 hours Instrument
+ 1st class medical
+ FCC restricted radio operators permit
+ Valid passport
+ Authorization to work in the US and the ability to travel unrestricted in and out of the US
+Ability and willingness to work weekends, nights, holidays and overnight trips
+Must maintain a well groomed and professional appearance
+Must be able to pass pre-employment fingerprint, background and drug testing
+ Must possess excellent communication skills to include ability to speak, read and write English

Last edited:
Can any one explain to me what the hold up with the new contract at RAH is? What are they doing about getting it approved or are they even that close? What are the sticking points?

Latest resources

Back