Looking for Hawaiian A321 Pay Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dan,
That alpa history goes back to the California shuttle battles and UAL acting like a bunch of cockmonkeys including denying jump seats and lecturing pilots. Admittedly before my SWA tenure- but don't pretend it didn't happen-
Our response has been to kill them with kindness- we compete but we have a long standing tradition of treating all offline carriers better than their own companies.
(An aside: Who began the now industry standard of unlimited cabin jumpseating?)

Think you're on an "island" bc I heard it in the early 00's when I was a legacy pilot and that battle was still fresh- and the only reason it's not prevalent today is bc we've been carrying the best contract for a while now

My grudge against alpa is for two reasons- outsourcing and the misrepresentation of domestic pilots within their own ranks- often within individual MECs- they set up a career where we are constantly chasing the carrot- which leads to my second reason- malcontent pilots are active pilots.
Alpa fosters malcontent bc they believe it to make a stronger union.
I served and I've heard it time and again from organizers

And the irony is it may be true - partially - but at a soul killing cost

None of which is the point Dan. It's not an alpa bash- it's that merging alpa carriers hasn't been a good thing so why would you choose ALL legacies over SWA.

It's what sound reason could you give to want a legacy to purchase you?
Asked and answered with delta, and I have granted that. They have far and away done the best job with Nw. But AA/usair? UAL/CO?

Why on earth would those two be preferred?
Doesn't make sense unless you're a SWA hater
Everyone else has international markets and less domestic feed capability. And more complex politics.

I actually don't take a Hawaiian merger off the table. It looks unlikely today- but I view Hawaiian today as likely a candidate as JetBlue and as likely as I viewed air tran when I was hired. I think it would fit nicely with our goal of "world's most loved airline" as long as we don't paint your airplanes and keep Hawaiian as it is as much as possible.

I don't bet on it, but I wouldn't be shocked either.

Actually Wave, I just said Delta. UAL or AA would be nightmare. As I said, anyone would be a pretty big step back for us, but SWA, while good at being a LCC domestic carrier, would be a terrible merge for both of us. If you tried to pull on us what you did to AirTran you would create insurmountable problems for you in Hawaii. It also would create a crappy little wannabe legacy airline. A domestic route structure with a relatively small International hub in Hawaii. Hardly a strong business model. So yes, while I having nothing against SWA, it would be a terrible match up that simply would drag us both down.

Money is on SWA, taking a look at HA. They want to fly there, they want those Intl routes in those $$$ countries. Will trade those Airbus for 787 (same cockpit as the max).

Sure they have looked at it…..

Money is on SWA, taking a look at HA. They want to fly there, they want those Intl routes in those $$$ countries. Will trade those Airbus for 787 (same cockpit as the max).

Sure they have looked at it?..

I'm Guessing Allegiant is looking to buy Hawaiian.... If not them, maybe Frontier, or Spirit.

I bet spirit or frontier would love those international routes and the $$$ that goes along with them....

New rumor formed,
See how easy this is

Sure they have looked at it?..
Sure. Because similar looking cockpits are the perfect reason to dump a fleet of carefully chosen aircraft, re-train every pilot (including SWA pilots because it isn't a common type with the 737 Max), and change op. specs, maintenance procedures, spare part stocks, passenger service equipment & spares, etc.

HAL

Sure. Because similar looking cockpits are the perfect reason to dump a fleet of carefully chosen aircraft, re-train every pilot (including SWA pilots because it isn't a common type with the 737 Max), and change op. specs, maintenance procedures, spare part stocks, passenger service equipment & spares, etc.

HAL

Well said! SWA, more than most, simply doesn't match up with Hawaiians route structure, equipment and business model. Not even close. As I said, if SWA thought trying to acquire Hawaiian would work for them, they really are in a downward spiral. I don't think they are that incompetent.

To make it simple... Hawaiian is a sexy airline....

Hell, most of us live in Hawaii, fly wide body as new hires or upgrade directly into a wide body doing super senior type flying.....

What is not to love about a majority of out professional situations?...

. Hawaiian is not for everyone.. The islands are not for everyone... But I can see why some employee at another company would hope to "merge" with us to have the same type of lifestyle many of us enjoy...

It's kinda of like when you fly a work trip down to the Carribean and see some pilot flying some seaplane or similar and think to yourself " that guy has got the life". Only put that guy in a Hawaiian a/c... For a majority of us, we have the life and are very content to do what we do.

That and SWA has a business model completely different than ours.... I'd put SWA at the back of the list potential merger candidates..

I do not disagree Bent

Much respect brethren

And you do have some sexy FAs too

Wish our airline would get back to being sexy but we couldn't advertise for the swimsuit issue without people getting up in arms

(You may not expect it, and I don't either- but I wouldn't be shocked-
The nice thing about SWA is we're the only one who wouldn't want to change you and assimilate- (direct from a marketing exec)
So you're point isn't misguided- Hawaii wouldn't stand for Hawaiian goin away- but if it got acquired and still existed in most of it's form....)

Just saying it's been looked and will continue to

Latest resources

Back