• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for Hawaiian A321 Pay Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ellison could buy United and Delta, BOTH! The bigger question is why would he want to?

He wouldn't, but he could..

Just highlighting the fact that saying "SWA is looking at Hawaiian" could be said about any airline at any time.... Just because some guys say it on a forum doesn't necessarily make it true.

Ellison could buy Hawaiian just out of spite for making his Lanai project more difficult.. Or he could grow Island Air at a loss and undercut our tickets prices, forcing us to lose money... He's got much deeper pockets if he were to lose his mind for some reason

He wouldn't, but he could..

Just highlighting the fact that saying "SWA is looking at Hawaiian" could be said about any airline at any time.... Just because some guys say it on a forum doesn't necessarily make it true.

Ellison could buy Hawaiian just out of spite for making his Lanai project more difficult.. Or he could grow Island Air at a loss and undercut our tickets prices, forcing us to lose money... He's got much deeper pockets if he were to lose his mind for some reason

And I gave the SOB a BFR while I was a CFI at SQL back in the early 90's... IF I only knew the bigger picture!

There's pretty much only one way to view "ugly girl at the bar"
You got the comments you earned my man. Careers are different, sure. And SWA has evolved from what it was, but he'll, delta started out crop dusting. We all change.
IMO- there's been waaayy too much time passed to be all "well you guys sucked 15 years ago!"
C'mon man
Catch that cold wave man- chills at first, but the wetsuit will catch up and it's good for you

I'm just saying .. the FACT is, not a single person I knew flying at ASA back in the days before 9/11... was talking about going to Southwest. It was DAL, UAL, AA, NWA, and CAL... with the occasional HAL and AS and rarely USAir.. that's it..

Nobody talked about Southwest, Airtran (which was ValueJet for a long time), Fedex or UPS, ... not to mention Spirit, Frontier, America West and other relatively new companies..

I don't know how old you are but if you don't agree, you're not being honest.

I stand corrected!
Had no idea:)
Ellison has one of my favorite quotes
"I had every disadvantage required for success"
Yeah- he definitely could

No, HA25- that has never been true- im in my 40's and started young- was well into the industry and at a legacy before 9/11. Swa wasn't in fact my own first choice- but there were always pilots who'd read nuts and were big herb fans.
From flight school, there were guys I trained with who only wanted SWA. That's what makes it dumb. We've always had blue angels, and ex braniff concord drivers and hoot Gibson - you don't think an astronaut didn't have options?

I admit it wasn't my first choice bc I was dumb and thought I wanted to fly heavies all over - but I never excluded them

No, HA25- that has never been true- im in my 40's and started young- was well into the industry and at a legacy before 9/11. Swa wasn't in fact my own first choice- but there were always pilots who'd read nuts and were big herb fans.
From flight school, there were guys I trained with who only wanted SWA. That's what makes it dumb. We've always had blue angels, and ex braniff concord drivers and hoot Gibson - you don't think an astronaut didn't have options?

I admit it wasn't my first choice bc I was dumb and thought I wanted to fly heavies all over - but I never excluded them

I love an honest debate, and that's why I've always like you on here.. thanks.

That said, I am glad you guys were able to bring up your pay and workrules significantly since the 9/11 downturn (which oddly didn't hurt your business much).. And I'm just hoping we keep moving the bar up as a profession.

None of us got into flying to work 18 days a month and make what 2nd year BA's are getting in the business or engineering world.. It's not my GD job to make less and work harder so people can buy a $200 ticket to where ever the hell they have to go, nor is it my GD place to work harder so my CEO and the share holders can make above market returns.

On that I hope we can all agree, merger or not.

Definitely agreed

And then we get into Robert Reich's virtuous economic cycle -
It certainly didn't hurt our business

Dude,
The Brown in Louisville has it all over Brisbane man

I get you, but bad example:)

Been a while since I sipped some bourbon in the haunted hotel

Gotta agree with you there Wave. Most world travelers would rather spend the night in Louisville than Brisbane. Well played.

You absolute nincompoop. :eek:

Yes. That's you dicko. Nothing if not agreeable.

Here's the secret to this gig. Sipping bourbon in Louisville with great people is better than sipping wine with dicks in Paris. I'd rather be in midland with great people, than a$$holes in FLL. ITS VERY RARE THAT THE PLACE DEFINES THE EXPERIENCE. Even if I say that knowing a bit of alone time on a beach is pretty great.

In this specific example- I hardly think you guys have been to Brisbane. Sydney might have made your case better-
Took 3 seconds of google to find someone who agrees.
Louisville has it all over Brisbane.

"BRISBANE has been singled out as one of the ugliest cities in the world, and an example of “chaotic ugliness”, says one of the world’s leading philosophers."
http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...-alain-de-botton/story-e6frfq80-1226867420594

Yes. That's you dicko. Nothing if not agreeable.

Here's the secret to this gig. Sipping bourbon in Louisville with great people is better than sipping wine with dicks in Paris. I'd rather be in midland with great people, than a$$holes in FLL. ITS VERY RARE THAT THE PLACE DEFINES THE EXPERIENCE. Even if I say that knowing a bit of alone time on a beach is pretty great.

In this specific example- I hardly think you guys have been to Brisbane. Sydney might have made your case better-
Took 3 seconds of google to find someone who agrees.
Louisville has it all over Brisbane.

"BRISBANE has been singled out as one of the ugliest cities in the world, and an example of ?chaotic ugliness?, says one of the world?s leading philosophers."
http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...-alain-de-botton/story-e6frfq80-1226867420594

Wave, dude, your making me sound like the General Here....HA flies to Brisbane, it's 767 trip so I can't do it, but, you mentioned surfing once. It's a very short drive to the Gold Coast, I've got friends who do that trip and score big time. It's also a reasonable drive to Noosa Head. I've only surfed Noosa during the Noosa Festival of Surf when it's packed, but their are still plenty of waves. Five point breaks in row that can get as good as it gets.
I do SYD's in the 330, get 21 hours flt pay plus International per diem ($5.00) and despite being gone only 48 hours I get a surf in at Manly.
So I think I would avoid the whole whose layover's are better. That said, PDX is an equally fun layover (snowboarding at Timberline), so I really don't think it's "who has the best layovers" or Intl vs domestic. It's up to the individual and what he does with it. But HA has inter-island home every night, very nice International layovers, or quick, very efficient trips to the west coast. All our flying, even for new hires, would essentially be very senior anywhere else.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back