• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Look before you leap, NJASAP!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I feel like I'm watching one of those "Save the Children" infomercials. :rolleyes: You and your husband made a CHOICE stick it out in aviation. Don't even try to compare yourself with someone who really is up s**t creek. Makes about as much sense as someone complaining about how hard it is to make a living polisihing turds. You knowingly walk into a lake of fire and want sympathy?

And what do you care what other people think about stay at home moms? Are you in it for yourself or your family? So much outrage, so much victimhood ..

Nobody deserves anything they haven't earned. Who are you to decide what person A deserves over person B? You think pilots deserve more than A&P guys (pardon me, "support folk) because you're married to a pilot. Why the h*ll should anyone care what you think someone deserves?

Let them decide what they "deserve" when they negotiate their hiring package. If the company rejects it, either take your lumps or hit the road .. but don't drag anyone else into this BS.

Someone needs a hug........

All those poor FLOPS union supporters that have been waiting for over two years for 1108 to get it done. :crying:

What is really sad is they have also been waiting on management to get it done for over two years. That is why they turned to the 1108.

I feel like I'm watching one of those "Save the Children" infomercials. :rolleyes: I was sharing the family perspective with pilots who wished to discuss it. Nothing was asked of you. You and your husband made a CHOICE stick it out in aviation. And due to collective efforts backing good leadership it has paid off. The NJ pilots took control of their career destiny and the Options pilots are doing the same. Don't even try to compare yourself with someone who really is up s**t creek. Those who follow the frac industry are aware that I was actually comparing myself favorably with other frac spouses (who have a lot in common) because the NJ pilots are better paid. Makes about as much sense as someone complaining about how hard it is to make a living polisihing turds. You knowingly walk into a lake of fire and want sympathy? That's a personal choice I leave to the readers. I referred to economic inequities and the reality that the frac lifestyle isn't the norm and can be difficult. Those frac pilots being underpaid are the ones I sympathize with. If you don't that's your prerogative; they have a great deal of support from their peers so yours won't be missed.

And what do you care what other people think about stay at home moms? Are you in it for yourself or your family? So much outrage, so much victimhood .. You jumped into the middle of an ongoing conversation so you're misapplying the underlying tone of outrage. My family feels strongly that we are doing what is best for our children and we think that other frac families should be in the financial position to do likewise if they so choose. The pilots have the same job so their families should have similar opportunities.

Nobody deserves anything they haven't earned. Society at large believes that children deserve a good education. Parents view it as a responsibility. Frac pilots certainly earn (thus deserve) a salary that provides college funds for their kids. NJ kids have college savings accounts and Ops kids should, too. Who are you to decide what person A deserves over person B? You think pilots deserve more than A&P guys (pardon me, "support folk) because you're married to a pilot. Why the h*ll should anyone care what you think someone deserves? This isn't about personal opinion. I'm addressing economic reality and basic fairness. Obviously the frac pilots themselves (and for CS also the managers) are looking at the industry standard and comparing it to their own situation. I don't follow A&P compensation, but I think those workers should also get the going rate for their job skills. Parity isn't exclusive to pilots and I didn't suggest it is. I post on what I know and the causes that I follow. Let them decide what they "deserve" when they negotiate their hiring package. If the company rejects it, either take your lumps or hit the road .. but don't drag anyone else into this BS.

The Options pilots voted as a group to work together to improve their job situation--that's their legal right. There is a going rate for frac pilots and they are negotiating to get the contract they are due by virtue of the duties performed and their responsibility for lives and aircraft.

CJS, could you please tell us your job position, employer and family status so that we may understand the basis of your perspective? NJW

CJS, could you please tell us your job position, employer and family status so that we may understand the basis of your perspective? NJW

ROFL, that is the first question asked of me when I started to disagreee with the union supporters.

NJW, the only reason you ask is so the union mongers on this board can find ways to silence him, just as all of you have tried to silence me.

Whatever his job position, employer and family status is will be meaningless in this conversation because all the people on this board will make up whatever they want to just like they have me.

He makes sense and doesn't agree with you.

How long is it going to be before you begin calling him names like you do me?

What is really sad is they have also been waiting on management to get it done for over two years. That is why they turned to the 1108.

Wrong.

1108 was the "hired gunslinger" that replaced the prior union at NJ and got it done quickly.

1108 didn't get it done at FLOPS.

Don't blame management, they have a company to run.

1108 was hired by the union supporters to force a CBA on a company that traditionally management, clients or non-pilot employees sure as hell didn't want on the property.

The ecomomy is slipping, 1108 has yet to get it done.

The union supporters at FLOPS all need a hug. :crying:

The path to a contract is typically paved with broken promises and the Options pilots have certainly had their share. That is why they turned to 1108 and stood up for their right to negotiate a contract. Before 1108 their efforts to improve things were unorganized. Under 1108 they went to the bargaining table and they're right on track. First contracts take an average of 3 years because management often drags the process out. The latest barrage of FUD directed at the Ops pilotgroup is a good indicator that they're making progress...;) The phrase--darkest before the dawn--is how I'd describe things in the final months before the NJ pilots got their 2005 contract. The process often follows a predictable pattern. Hang in there guys! There's light at the end of the tunnel...:) NJW

A request to board members: Please do not quote my posts without my permission (personal friends are exempt) my words are my own and lately it has been necessary to protect the integrity of my posts. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

A request to board members: Please do not quote my posts without my permission (personal friends are exempt) my words are my own and lately it has been necessary to protect the integrity of my posts. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Popcorn... Check
Beer.... Check

Quote:
Popcorn... Check
Beer.... Check

Diesel, you are going be getting a registered letter from NJW's attorney since you quoted her without permission. All of her gibberish is copyrighted don't you know.......

Latest resources

Back