• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LOA for Compass and Mesaba flow ups to DL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why 108 from Mesaba? Why not 110 or 150?

Per the original agreement Mesaba was allowed to flow 9 pilots per month so under the LOA they are allowed to flow one year's worth of pilots to Delta (9 pilots x 12 months= 108 pilots). I'm amazed that anybody would bypass the flow at Mesaba. I know there have only been 2-3 pilots at Compass that have bypassed in the 60ish or so people that have already gotten seniority numbers.

Here we go again... first, the top 124 have already had their opportunity to flow. Most bypassed but 14 flowed to NWA pre merger. Our top 124 have been at XJ for a very long time. Some in the neighborhood of 30 years. Our most senior was hired in 1981 and is 61 years old. The most junior of that top 124 that bypassed was hired in 1995 and is 47 years old. So if you were 60+ making over 100K getting everything you want, would you flow? Probably not. Everyone has their own reasons and believe it or not, do not find DL as the holy grail.

Of the next 108 who are eligible, very few will bypass. In fact only 7 have indicated they don't want to flow. A couple are "older" born in the 50s and the others I'm sure have their reasons. Several have either not indicated either way or are not eligible. This group makes up another senior bunch with 12-20 years seniority. The most senior eligible was hired in 1995 as well and the most junior eligible to flow was hired in 1998.

So obviously, the majority will flow. The ones that don't either can't or have personal reasons for not doing so. There's no reason to paint these guys as being stupid, lazy, incompetent or somehow moronic for not wanting to flow.

Per the original agreement Mesaba was allowed to flow 9 pilots per month so under the LOA they are allowed to flow one year's worth of pilots to Delta (9 pilots x 12 months= 108 pilots). I'm amazed that anybody would bypass the flow at Mesaba. I know there have only been 2-3 pilots at Compass that have bypassed in the 60ish or so people that have already gotten seniority numbers.

Gotcha, thanks.

And just to add, the flow down is still in place at CPZ...otherwise the company would have had to redo their 76 seat numbers.

Nu

Ummm, help Mesaba guys? I call it a big screw job for hundreds of Mesaba pilots. Not even all of the 108 can flow because they do not have degrees. I would not mind finding out who was behind that decision and giving them the ..... we shall say my opinion on why it was a bad decision. Please hope American and United (Continental) start hiring within three years

Ummm, help Mesaba guys? I call it a big screw job for hundreds of Mesaba pilots. Not even all of the 108 can flow because they do not have degrees. I would not mind finding out who was behind that decision and giving them the ..... we shall say my opinion on why it was a bad decision. Please hope American and United (Continental) start hiring within three years

You know who was behind it. Though I have to admit, I didn't expect even this much. I disagree with the degree requirement also, those pilots should be able to flow under the old agreement.

As for United/Con...we're all hoping the hiring will be there, I hear ya.

Move on already guys! The deal is done. There's no point in constantly complaining about what we did or didn't get. The complaining on this thread is making XJ pilots look like a bunch of ungrateful and whining babies! All this energy should be channeled into making sure the merger committee and negotiating committee are well aware of the wants/needs of the pilot group so that we end up with the best possible outcome for SLI and joint contract. Any XJ pilot with the desire and ability to leave pre and post PCL sale should have had their resumes dusted off and should have been in full swing in an honest and aggressive job search. If not... well, that's your own fault.

Latest resources

Back