• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LOA for Compass and Mesaba flow ups to DL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ummm, help Mesaba guys? I call it a big screw job for hundreds of Mesaba pilots. Not even all of the 108 can flow because they do not have degrees. I would not mind finding out who was behind that decision and giving them the ..... we shall say my opinion on why it was a bad decision. Please hope American and United (Continental) start hiring within three years

cry me a river, build me a bridge, name it "i do not care" and get over it

they concluded your 6 years of ready reserve do NOT make you elgible to flow.

Respectfully, can someone give insight to the flow coming now in light of the sale of the carriers to "3rd Parties?" I know there is an LOA in place; but surely part of the "cost" of the purchase of CZ and XJ has to be replacement hiring for the flows going to DL. Please understand, I know the LOA will go with the certs as they sell. But there has to be SOMETHING in it for TSA and PCL to make it worth it to "lose" these guys/gals. Also, was this done "only" with NWA carriers--and therefor no "flow" to/from OH, EV, OO? (Please keep Strike 2000 chest-beating to a minimum.)

I don't think the cost of replacing pilots is an issue. The Compass flow was never like ours. Complete flow up/down. If that flow disappeared the number of 76 seaters is reduced and 6 seats come out of a lot of 900's. So Compass has some leverage in its favor.

Mesaba never had any leverage in this negotiation. We had limited flow up/back - 9 a month. Our 900's were mostly part of a NWA carve out because they were looked at like an AVRO replacement (yep - I know they are included in the count). I believe there is a benefit to Mesaba of getting some higher paid Captains off the payroll but training is expensive so it's hard to know if there is a net benefit.

I happen to not have been in favor of the flow because I feel it was imposed on me. But unfortunately our union had no leverage to get a better deal. And while I never planned on going, I do feel disappointed for my friends who were planning to go but will never get the chance.

I am very happy for the people that get to go. Great pilots, awesome people.

this is an absolute gift. all at compass should go buy a lottery ticket.

this is an absolute gift. all at compass should go buy a lottery ticket.

Gift? BS.

The CPZ flow and the associated consequences of it disappearing were put in place when CPZ was formed. CPZ was created as a scope concession, and instead of NWA pilots taking a pay raise for their concession they decided to create a flow-through program.

Its not a gift. In fact, I would argue that it was one of the cheapest scope concessions of all-time. The only thing DAL/NWA had to give up is where they hired 400 people from, all of whom meet their hiring requirements to begin with.

It only looks like the CPZ guys got lucky if you hadn't been paying attention to what was going on there for the past few years. If you had, it would appear that DAL got lucky.

Latest resources

Back