• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Listening to IPOD with headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
its Sudoku, SUDOKU... not Sudoki, i think that might be a drink and you shouldnt be doing that either up der

(sorry had to :)

Cookie Monster said:
Have you actually tried this device in a 121 cockpit? The reason I ask is that I purchased a similar device and I still had the same problems as before, once I get everything plugged in all volumes drop to almost inaudible levels.

Admittedly, no I haven't. I just saw it in the newest Sporty's that came yesterday and thought I'd throw it out there. Most guys I fly with just tuck the ipod ear piece under their DCs. Although I have the set up for using the JS audio panel, I've not used it for a long time. A good book and I'm set.

The light speed headset someone mentioned above sounds like the way to go. We used to have a PS engineering audio panel in an Apache I used to partly own that had the ATC drown out feature on it. That light speed sounds like a good option if you want to do it right.

just stick your ear buds on under your headset, you can hear atc just fine if you don't blast the music. if you miss a call just tell them sorry you were on a land line.

Anybody know how I can plug in my portable DVD player and headset? Also, once that issue is resolved, I'd like to play my XBox 360 thru my DVD player. How did I do that?

taloft said:
Wow. You only fly 2 hours a day? You're my hero, sir!

I'm my dog's hero. I don't even deserve that, but my dog is not smart enough to know the difference. Glad I'm your hero, too; even if that does put you on the same intellectual level as my dog.

Fly2Scuba said:
You should always be concentrating on radios and flying the airplane. That means no newspapers, books, magazines, IPODS!!, ADF Radio, laptops, Suduki, Crossword puzzles, SLEEPING!!! etc. That kind of stuff never goes on at the majors, so why is acceptable at the subcontractor airlines. Carry on soilder.

Wow, you must be a joy to fly with... Jackhole.

LowlyPropCapt said:
Wow, you must be a joy to fly with... Jackhole.

Maybe...then again.......

Not sure about the amatuer that shows up to fly needing an IPOD. How embarassing for both pilots when one has to be baby-sat.

Professionals do not need to be told and they don't need to be policed.

Let me guess... when they pay you more you'll stop listening to your IPOD and put forth more effort..... :rolleyes:

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Maybe...then again.......

Not sure about the amatuer that shows up to fly needing an IPOD. How embarassing for both pilots when one has to be baby-sat.

Professionals do not need to be told and they don't need to be policed.

Let me guess... when they pay you more you'll stop listening to your IPOD and put forth more effort..... :rolleyes:

If someone wants to listen to their Ipod during cruise, then I can't really find much problem with it as long as they aren't missing a bunch of radio calls. It doesn't seem any different to me than reading a magazine or book or doing a Sudoku puzzle, and I think all of us do those things. The problem is when the spiked-hair, backpack-wearing, no-hat wonder decides never to take off the Ipod earbuds and to just walk off the airplane and through the terminal with them while continuing to listen to it.

The_Russian said:
Buy a lightspeed headset. You can plug audio right into the ANR box. It has bass and treble boost. It also had ATC dimmer. This feature is selectable on and off. So you can drown ATC, or let them break in when they need to.

PS - If you can afford an Ipod, you should have no problem buying a 400 dollar headset. Please don't waste the oney on a 130 dollar splitter.

This is the best way to go...I love my headsets...makes listening to the XM a breeze.

Latest resources

Back