• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Listening to IPOD with headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know how to wire my IPOD so that when I make my PA's they can hear my new Nick Lackey tunes in the background along with my voice?

I'll bet they'd listen then.

just recently started listening to music while flying, makes those b*tchy skydivers less annoying on the ride to altitude. Oh yea I just do the earbud under the DC's method and it works surprisingly well.

fried chickens said:
Anyone know how I can plug my dave clarks to my IPOD and still be able to listen to atc.

Shouldn't be doing that while flying its very unprofessional. I wouldn't allow it in my cockpit.

SuperKooter said:
Shouldn't be doing that while flying its very unprofessional. I wouldn't allow it in my cockpit.
Yeah, but then again you're a ******************************, so.........

What! I can't say ******************************??? Crazy!

FmrFreightDog said:
Yeah, but then again you're a ******************************, so.........

What! I can't say ******************************??? Crazy!

Let me guess.. you're in a union?

I kind of expect unionists to be trashy. They are like the white trash of the business world. Beat up any little girls lately?

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Maybe...then again.......

Not sure about the amatuer that shows up to fly needing an IPOD. How embarassing for both pilots when one has to be baby-sat.

Professionals do not need to be told and they don't need to be policed.

Let me guess... when they pay you more you'll stop listening to your IPOD and put forth more effort..... :rolleyes:

I bet your just tons of fun to fly with. Sorry we need books and ipods, I have a feeling that flying with you is about as much fun has having your tounge stapled to the floor. Seriously, its not a hard job, cruise flight is the easiest thing in the world. How hard is it to look up every few paragraphs and check things out? I cant imagine how hard it would be to put my book down and don my mask. . . . why not just fly with your hand on the thing or have the QRH at the ready in your lap? I bet you try to get your FO's to call you Captain as well.

********************ing anal loser.

That goes for you too superkooter.

Won't allow it? What kind of a chode are you?

Last edited:
mamba20 said:
I bet your just tons of fun to fly with. Sorry we need books and ipods, I have a feeling that flying with you is about as much fun has having your tounge stapled to the floor. Seriously, its not a hard job, cruise flight is the easiest thing in the world. How hard is it to look up every few paragraphs and check things out? I cant imagine how hard it would be to put my book down and don my mask. . . . why not just fly with your hand on the thing or have the QRH at the ready in your lap? I bet you try to get your FO's to call you Captain as well.

********************ing anal loser.

That goes for you too superkooter.

Won't allow it? What kind of a chode are you?

WMUSIGPI said:
............... Comair actually put out a memo banning Ipod's because of too many missed radio calls

So.... one must be able to listen Ipod while flying to have fun?

Or The Capts. you fly with are only cool if they let you listen to your Ipod. I dodn't realize that the "kids" entertainment media was so critical at the workplace....

Perhpas we count on EICAS too much. Where I learned to fly, listening to the aircraft was part of flying it....

But looking at your "wiseass" description and low total time maybe safely getting your pax/cargo safely to the destination and and being repsected by your fellow crewmembers isn't job satisfaction enough....

Last edited:
Is picking your nose acceptable? Or is that a distraction too? How about going to use the lav when you are going from Toronto to Houston. Heck I even ate food on the cockpit the other day *GASP!*

Come on guys, I think we're pefectly capable of doing two things at once.

Just don't put it through the CVR - not for accidents but because I hate your music. :)

Latest resources

Back