Listening to IPOD with headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Green said:
Imagine some reporter reading this thread and not realizing it's all a big joke. Of course airline pilots don't read papers/books or listen to IPODS enroute......

haha . . . it could end up in the "Situation Room" tonight . . .

. . . regional pilots in a terrific scandal, caught red-handed listening to the Doors. This anonymous source tells us that this is what is causing all the deaths in Iraq. Thanks Wolf.

This stuff doesn't happen in the majors?

I was on a DAL 767 jumpseat, TPA-ATL, when we got put in a hold for weather. EFC over an hour away. I realized I'd rented a movie in the terminal in ATL, but hadn't finished watching it. I asked the captain if he minded, he said go ahead. Just as I get it running on my laptop, i see the captain lean over and talk to the FO. A few minutes later, he's watching a movie on his own laptop...

I remember one of Tom Block's columns in Flying about how he passed the time flying across the pond. Pre-iPod days, but I think he used a Walkman and portable speakers that he hung in the cockpit. As I recall, his idea of CRM was asking the FO what kind of opera he liked. And didn't he knock off a paperback every trip?

I remember one about Len Morgan, flying a B747 across the Pacific. His wife was in the jumpseat, and leaned forward to ask a question. That's when she realized Len and the FO were both sawing logs....

I've had two captains pipe in their iPods over the intercom. Mostly we did it at the gate to pass the time. If it was in cruise, I choose not to listen, but that was more because our tastes in music didn't agree. i've seen more than a few guys fall asleep (myself included) and I've seen guys zone out while looking out the window. not a whole lot of difference. some people use a puzzle to stay awake/stay sharp, some do mental gymanstics with fuel burn. not a whole lot of difference.

diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks...

?

Wankel7 said:
So what is more professional...falling asleep...or listening to a lil Disturbed?

Wankel

Disturbed? Who is that? Are those the guys with metal spikes all over their faces? Sounds like the stuff a high school dropout car-wash attendant would listen to. Come on now, if your going to put on music at least pump out something good like Steely Dan (who are finally going back on tour in July!!!!) Ricky dont lose that number......................

SuperKooter said:
Shouldn't be doing that while flying its very unprofessional. I wouldn't allow it in my cockpit.

YOU AGAIN!!!

mr soon to be CAL 767 driver wouldn't allow that UNPROFESSIONAL stuff to go on in HIS cockpit...at BLOWJETS!!!!!!! You gonna tell daddy about that, too if it happens?

dude someone needs to stop you in the terminal at lambert and kick you square in the nuts. If I see you in there I just may take the opportunity myself.

Latest resources

Back