• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Listening to IPOD with headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It must be hard to be unable to go 2 hours without some kind of distraction. Bless your hearts.

Impressive that it took 11 posts before someone made a snide remark.

WTF are you doing?

You should always be concentrating on radios and flying the airplane. That means no newspapers, books, magazines, IPODS!!, ADF Radio, laptops, Suduki, Crossword puzzles, SLEEPING!!! etc. That kind of stuff never goes on at the majors, so why is acceptable at the subcontractor airlines. Carry on soilder.

Fly2Scuba said:
You should always be concentrating on radios and flying the airplane. That means no newspapers, books, magazines, IPODS!!, ADF Radio, laptops, Suduki, Crossword puzzles, SLEEPING!!! etc. That kind of stuff never goes on at the majors, so why is acceptable at the subcontractor airlines. Carry on soilder.

Just answer the question and stop worrying about what I am doing!

I am the *************************in captain!

Cookie Monster said:
Just answer the question and stop worrying about what I am doing!

I am the *************************in captain!

I think he was being sarcastic. :)

Cookie Monster said:
Have you actually tried this device in a 121 cockpit? The reason I ask is that I purchased a similar device and I still had the same problems as before, once I get everything plugged in all volumes drop to almost inaudible levels.

I haven't used the sportys version, but I have used the PS Engineering version. It works fine. The only thing I have a problem with is that the mp3s on my ipod are all recorded at different levels, so I have to monkey with the volume all the time. If it had an in-line volume it would be easier. Plus, my ipod only lasts about an hour, so it's not worth the hassel. Again, I'll sell my muse for $125 to the first bidder.

The mic jack isn't something you can pick up at your local Radio Shock- it's like a 5/8 inch jack, something most stores don't carry, at least for cheap. After I accidentally rolled my seat back ober the headphone cord, severing it, I spliced it into a standard headphone jack (1/8"?) (make sure you connect the grounding wires, or the sound will be crap). I plugged it into the jumpseater's mic jack. Worked out well. Late night flights into podunk WV were that much better with some "Wierd Al" in the background....

But it's much easier to just get some decent earbud headphones- otherwise, it's a real pain in the arse. Also, the other pilot might not like your music, and then you're stuck with nothin.

Buy a lightspeed headset. You can plug audio right into the ANR box. It has bass and treble boost. It also had ATC dimmer. This feature is selectable on and off. So you can drown ATC, or let them break in when they need to.

PS - If you can afford an Ipod, you should have no problem buying a 400 dollar headset. Please don't waste the oney on a 130 dollar splitter.

MYFpilot said:
Nothing brings out the 13 year old girl in me quite like flying around all day listening to Radio Disney...

http://radio.disney.go.com/index.html

When I was flight instructing my students had tuning the knob to radio disney down in one of their after T/O checklists.

If you cant look at hilary duff at least you can hear her right?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back