• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Line Up and Wait" - Let's Hear it for Globalization

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic." - Gladstone

And my Brazilian jet represents America's fall from grace. When Brazil can build a better jet than anything made in the USA you know once and for all these are the last days of Rome. Go fiddle on your roof, Nero.

YHGTBFKM......

The Whistling Sh!t Can Of Death is better than a Gulfstream???

The only arena it beats the Gulfstream is price - the people that buy Legacies want the big airplane, but can't afford the real deal. So they settle for the Taco Rocket.

You see it in the owners - how they pay and how they treat the employees - especially S FL owners....right, LD ??

:cool:

Embraer beats Gulfstream in reliability, redundancy, DOC and automation of systems. The G-Whiz still hangs onto technology from three decades ago. I will take my EMB any day. Most of the people who buy the Embraer could afford the Gulfstream they're just smart with their money. The Embraer is a way better value. More bang for the buck. Rich people don't get that way wasting their money on stuff they don't need.

Embraer beats Gulfstream in reliability, redundancy, DOC and automation of systems. The G-Whiz still hangs onto technology from three decades ago. I will take my EMB any day. Most of the people who buy the Embraer could afford the Gulfstream they're just smart with their money. The Embraer is a way better value. More bang for the buck. Rich people don't get that way wasting their money on stuff they don't need.

It would be interesting to see how many Fortune 500 companies fly Gulfstreams vs. Legacies......

How much are Legacies going for these days? There is a early G-V with fairly low time going for $18M.....

Lightly used 550s are back up over 45mil and darn near (or better than) where many owners bought them new. Most 7X owners are looking at several million in profit if they sold today.

How are Embrears doing in todays market?

You are right about wealthy people being smart with money - hence they dont buy that junk. Wealthy people look for a return on their investment, not to own some oddball regional junk that depreciates because nobody wants it. You are correct, they dont like wasting money.....hence they buy Gulfstreams, Falcons, Globals etc...

The Legacy is a better airplane for the job in most cases. Frankly, as poorly as the Fortune 10 company I worked for ran their department (talk about airplanes losing value!!!) I don't take my cues on fiduciary responsibility or judgment from them. A Legacy would have done the job better and cheaper, with more cabin and reliability, than most of the planes in our fleet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back