• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Line Up and Wait" - Let's Hear it for Globalization

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're just grumpy because you won't get to say "take it out and hold it" anymore when given position and hold.

LegacyDriver said:
The Phenom is going to bury the Mustang and that means more Americans lose their jobs.

No, the P100 will not "bury" the Mustang.

Embraer is smart because both Phenom airframes split Cessna's offerings; the P100 falls between the Mustang & CJ1+ and the P300 between the CJ3 and CJ4. They come at a lower price point, but there's a lot of operators that are going to balk at a new Embraer product in bizav (look no further than the crappy cabin seats the P100/P300 rolled out with), especially when it comes to the question of supporting those planes.

The Legacy 450 & 500, however...those will come after the P100/300 have had a little time to mature in the market and very well could shake up the midsize market to the point they're another nail in Hawker's coffin.

Last edited:
No, the P100 will not "bury" the Mustang.

Embraer is smart because both Phenom airframes split Cessna's offerings; the P100 falls between the Mustang & CJ1+ and the P300 between the CJ3 and CJ4. They come at a lower price point, but there's a lot of operators that are going to balk at a new Embraer product in bizav (look no further than the crappy cabin seats the P100/P300 rolled out with), especially when it comes to the question of supporting those planes.

The Legacy 450 & 500, however...those will come after the P100/300 have had a little time to mature in the market and very well could shake up the midsize market to the point they're another nail in Hawker's coffin.

I'll tell you what brother... I agree with you on the 450 and 500.... But I also know EMB. I helped deliver the first 30 Legacys (Legacies?) that came out. EMB is good at continuous improvement.

So....

My money in on the EMB. Put yours on the Mustang. Let's revisit this in five years. Whoever loses has an open bar tab for whoever shows up to collect. :)

Fair?

While it would be nice if you are both right....I dont see any of these junks moving at all..

The midsize market has tanked, the small jet market has fallen off a cliff, and VLJ's - well, lets just say they didn't take over the skies like everyone thought.....shop around lately? the only thing moving at all is newer, long range aircraft. Want to buy a used cessna or a beechjet etc? offer them half what they wanted 1-2 years ago - you might get it.

IMO - The corporate aircraft market is going to remain in the toilet for many years, and these planes will be the first down the drain.

How about that optimism!?!?
:)

Actually, yes, I do.

I have a lot of guilt over it at times. The Phenom is going to bury the Mustang and that means more Americans lose their jobs.

Cessna and Boeing and all the rest missed the boat. Now we have Canadians and Brazilians ruling the world instead of the good old USA.

A sign of the times. America is no longer #1 in everything...or perhaps ANYTHING. Sad.

would you buy Toyota or would you buy Ford

sounds good. Because if you bought Toyota Camry you are buying a car built in USA. If you bought a Ford Crown Vic the entire vehicle or large portions of the vehicle were built in Mexico or Ontario, Canada, work done by foreigners and not Americans.

Long live USA

Latest resources

Back