• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lighten up Francis....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately Mr. I, TAWS is not kidding himself.
As someone else pointed out, we are all out there sharing the same airspace/groundspace. We airline types have plenty of issues of our own to work through and hopefully with a good training dept. and helpful feed back we can work through them. That being said the reality is that some (NOT ALL) but some Corp./Chrtr. types don't have that resource available to them. I know that FlightInfo cannot be thought of as an institution of higher learning, but sometimes constructive criticism should be viewed as just that. Not a "Mine Is Bigger Than Yours" pissing contest. I agree with many of the posters that Airliners & Corp. aircraft & ATC are all guilty of screwing up the spacing in IAD. So here is my gripe after flying in and out of there for 10 years. As many of you know the FBO's at IAD are on the North end of the field. On more than one occasion I have had to go around for a Corp./Chrtr. aircraft who has decided he/she will just let it roll to avoid having to taxi with the rest of the herd when IAD is landing to the North. Clear the runway & join the line.
As for the whole my pax paid $10,000 for his flight, I direct you to andyd's post. Fact is my pax have just as much a right to as hassle free flying experience as possible. Your $10,000 client can sip some more champagne while he waits in line while my 1/2 a can of soda crowd has to suck up another 20 min or more delay for the go around. Don't sound right in my book

yeah unless you have a tight commute home.last night i had to go around bc Delta took the very last exit,not very professional in my opinion but i anderstand once clear to land the runway is his until exit.i still made it home so life is good.

Don't we get paid by the hour? I'd go around five times a day if I could get away with it.

Hey, if it comes to making the last flight home on your commute so you can be home 12 hours earlier, I'd say keep your pay. I'll put it on the numbers, take the first highspeed and be first off the plane if I need to. Gotta plan ahead.

Extra pay (via the missed) vs. Quality Of Life w/ the family...I'll take QOL.

Works both ways . When you are following someone and they say 170 to the marker for following (xxx...insert name here)... that means you SLOW to 170 for the guy infront of you. That happens more at IAD than anywhere. Someone gets pi$$ed cause theyre slowed 100 miles out and tries to make it up the last 8 miles.

Been to CLT recently?

All I can say is:

normal speed is .82 for us. Any time we are on airways here in the east, we are at .78 or less for "traffic".

I do 170 or 180 to the marker at IAD when asked, a frequent destination for us, but I will not break china because the controller didn't space properly or because "traffic" kept 200 to the marker.

Maybe if you did at least .80 I would brake a little harder and make that first turn off...

Oh please... the difference between .80 and .78 is maybe 10 knots.

If the Corporate guy can afford to spend $10,000 on the flight....then he sure as Hel! can afford to pay his fare share of the user fee's. Our passengers may be paying a fraction of what YOUR passengers are paying but OUR's are the one's that are paying 90% of the user fee's. Once Corporate flight departments are paying thier fair share, then they have a gripe....until then....GO AROUND!

We will gladly pay those user fees when we can buy gas at what you pay! Your airline would fold like a cheat suit at what we pay for gas!

yeah unless you have a tight commute home.last night i had to go around bc Delta took the very last exit,not very professional in my opinion but i anderstand once clear to land the runway is his until exit.i still made it home so life is good.

*Triumph the Insult Dog* What a great story... for me to poop on.

If the Corporate guy can afford to spend $10,000 on the flight....then he sure as Hel! can afford to pay his fare share of the user fee's. Our passengers may be paying a fraction of what YOUR passengers are paying but OUR's are the one's that are paying 90% of the user fee's. Once Corporate flight departments are paying thier fair share, then they have a gripe....until then....GO AROUND!

The excise taxes that corporate operators pay as part of the cost of fuel are percentage based. That is: X% of $8 is way more than X% of $3. So as fuel has gotten that expensive the corporate operators are paying more of their share than ever. The system is funded mainly by these taxes and the aviation trust fund, which has more money in it than ever. Airlines don't pay these taxes. They are paid for directly by the passengers and it's a level cost for every carrier, so it's not inhibiting any competition. Truth is, the airports that cause the most stress on the system are utilized almost exclusively by the airlines.

I have been flying the King Air so much and hadn't been in the jet for a month and a half and I found myself trying to go for beta rather than deploying the reversers. By the time I figured out what I was thinking, I was too fast to make Y5.

Ever hear of brakes? Since when do you NEED the thrust reversers to get the aircraft to exit speed? The use of reversers are not even accounted for on most landing distance charts.

Latest resources

Back