• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lighten up Francis....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yeah, it's all the corporate guy's fault. C'mon. Just b/c he's not flying an airliner you're superior? Hell, he may be a furloughed guy for all you know.

You know what really sucks? Having to slow to .78 or 310kts for an airliner.

Get over yourself, we're all pilots and all on the same team. Snide comments on the radio are as unprofessional as it gets...thinking you're better than someone else just b/c of the equipment they fly, well, that's just sad.

Unfortunately, the corporate aircraft going into IAD do this all the time - the UAL pilot is probably sick of it. BTW, 170 to the marker means 170 to the marker, not 170 to 2 or 3 miles from the marker whereupon the (insert corporate aircraft here) decides that its time to slow to Vapp.
This gets really old guys.

I've had a United 737 pull this exact trick in front of me. He couldn't make the first high speed on 18L in CVG which amazes me because he slowed down well outside the marker.;) I cursed him out a little as we went around (uh...I mean on the ground out of sterile cockpit), but I got over it. I've had bad days too.

No, I'm not. It's happened to me more than a few times - and it's always at IAD.......

Personally, the guy riding in the back of the corporate jet just spent $10,000 + (DOCs) for his flight, so if the crew wants to give him a nice smooth roll out so be it. Wonder what the folks paid for a ride in the back of your E-jet? Besides, what do you know, I figure you are probably some Republic nugget F/O. Which means nobody on here gives a $hit what you think except for other nugget F/O's.

Give us all a break TAWS and come back here when the water behind your ears is finally dry.

United

United can eat it on this one-he probably wasn't planning well. You always should take into account what you are following and try to make it work out.

-Still far safer to just go around than try and pull 45 degree banks at 300 AGL -which I have seen some coc-gobblers do on multiple occasions-very unsafe!

I have been flying the King Air so much and hadn't been in the jet for a month and a half and I found myself trying to go for beta rather than deploying the reversers. By the time I figured out what I was thinking, I was too fast to make Y5.

Am I forgiven?

I hear ya. I've been flying the Cub so much lately that I went for the heal breaks on the 737, and I had to make the next taxiway. oops.

Personally, the guy riding in the back of the corporate jet just spent $10,000 + (DOCs) for his flight.

If the Corporate guy can afford to spend $10,000 on the flight....then he sure as Hel! can afford to pay his fare share of the user fee's. Our passengers may be paying a fraction of what YOUR passengers are paying but OUR's are the one's that are paying 90% of the user fee's. Once Corporate flight departments are paying thier fair share, then they have a gripe....until then....GO AROUND!

All I can say is:

normal speed is .82 for us. Any time we are on airways here in the east, we are at .78 or less for "traffic".

I do 170 or 180 to the marker at IAD when asked, a frequent destination for us, but I will not break china because the controller didn't space properly or because "traffic" kept 200 to the marker.

Maybe if you did at least .80 I would brake a little harder and make that first turn off...

Latest resources

Back