• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lighten up Francis....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you telling me Ritchie Anderson doesn't fly the Delta corporate airplane? Delta Air Elite or whatever it is called has got to be seeing that a-hole alot more than mainline. So please, don't try to sell me on the "fatcat" b.s. argument that I saw on ATA's website. GA pays plenty to support the system, and gets less service for their money too.

All I can say is:

normal speed is .82 for us. Any time we are on airways here in the east, we are at .78 or less for "traffic".

Maybe if you did at least .80 I would brake a little harder and make that first turn off...

Because of fuel prices, normal speed for us is now .74.

Get used to flying slow, its the wave of the future.

If the Corporate guy can afford to spend $10,000 on the flight....then he sure as Hel! can afford to pay his fare share of the user fee's. Our passengers may be paying a fraction of what YOUR passengers are paying but OUR's are the one's that are paying 90% of the user fee's. Once Corporate flight departments are paying thier fair share, then they have a gripe....until then....GO AROUND!

For those that are opened minded...

NBAA Responds to Most Recent Attack From the Big Airlines

WASHINGTON, DC, May 21, 2008 – National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) President and CEO Ed Bolen today took the nation’s big airlines to task for an e-mail recently sent out by the Air Transport Association (ATA), the airlines’ lobbying group, which continues ATA’s campaign of distortions about the general aviation (GA) community.

“The ATA’s suggestion that GA air traffic at a well-planned weekend event in a single location was somehow problematic is simply laughable,” Bolen said. “The fact is, delays are caused by the airlines over-scheduling flights 365 days a year at big city airports all across the country. An official with the Department of Transportation recently provided a clear example of the airlines’ over-scheduling practices to Congress by pointing to one airline that scheduled ‘56 departures in a 15-minute window at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, about three times the number of planes that the airport has the capacity to handle.’

“It’s also disingenuous for the airlines to suggest that general aviation won’t contribute to aviation system modernization, when the GA community supports legislation that contains a 65 percent fuel tax increase on GA to help fund the Federal Aviation Administration and transform the aviation system,” Bolen continued.

“It’s unfortunate that the nation’s big airlines have chosen to focus efforts on attacking general aviation, rather than working toward solutions for modernizing our air transportation system, so that it remains the world’s largest, safest and most efficient.”

To review a copy of the ATA’s e-mail, visit web.nbaa.org/public/news/ata.php.

Hey Spaulding... nice bump of a 6 month old dead post.

Sometimes life does imitate art. Go eat that Baby Ruth mmmkay?

Latest resources

Back