light twin time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cptn2b said:
Just for everyones information...there are people who get places without being a CFI for 1000 hours..everyone on this whole freakin site seems to use the same stupid "pay your dues line".
Captain to be, eeehh? :)

Didn't you just ask US to find these places for you, now your telling us they are there? Well, hot shot.. where are they? :)

It's not the "site" telling you to pay your dues.. It's the profession.. You freakin 400 hour kids think your entitled to the right seat in an RJ as soon as you have some "time" under your belt.. It's pathetic...

Fly for free today, you'll fly for next to free tomorrow..

Ohh, btw Way2Broke - I happen to think that last post is your best so far, not the header off the building.. :)

Instruct, dude. You've got 350 hours. You don't know your butt from a hole in the ground yet. You don't get it now, but in another 2000 hours or so, when you're trying to get a job flying that Baron, and some other kid comes along with 350 hours that says he'll do it for free and takes it from you, trust me, you'll get pi$$ed off too.

Wonder what the insurance on a Baron with zero multi time at 350 hours is? :D

You'll pay your dues, one way or another. Don't want to instruct for 1000 hours? Try FO-ing on a 135 freighter (Air Cargo Carriers, et. al.). You'll build time quick with your first "real job" anywhere, so don't let your frustration with the slow pace of flight instructing turn you into a dirty little whore.

If you stay in aviation very long, you WILL live to eat your words on this thread. Why are you in such a hurry? Because you want a good job flying a sophisticated airplane with a nice fat paycheck, right? Well, we'd all be a lot closer to our ultimate goal if you desperados would quit giving away the farm and grow some testicles.

In fact, I hereby challenge every commercial pilot reading this to go apply for a job you don't really want but are pretty sure you'd get, go to the interview and ask lots of questions about pay, QOL, maintenance, corporate culture, etc. Take your time, but more importantly, take up lots of their time. Then, when they offer you the job, tell them thanks, but no thanks, and act like you're offended that they wasted your time and expected you to beg for their abuse.

I'm going to go take a shower now...

Contract Baron pilots around here are making $250-300/day plus expenses.

Even if you were qualified to fly a Baron (which you're not), think about all the friends you'd make around here by offering to fly one for free!

Although with your time, you might be able to find a good gig washing a 58. Lemme know, and I'll write you a nice letter of recommendation.

Tram said:
Ohh, btw Way2Broke - I happen to think that last post is your best so far, not the header off the building.. :)

Why thank you. Sometimes I actually think before I speak. But man it hurts my head! Do you have any Tylenol?

Tram said:
Wonder what the insurance on a Baron with zero multi time at 350 hours is? :D

$8,500 plus, and 50+ dual on type
That's the premium on a Seneca.

Pay those dues. I ferry planes trying to get to my IFR mins but I have to clean them and do other office bs too in exchange. Ive learned so much and dealt with several near emergencies and I realize that Im still a low time puke who doesnt know sh!t. I am excited about flying piston twins and can't wait to make the freight dog status! Enjoy the ride. As hard as I might b!tch sometimes for some of the bs I put up with just to get hours I try very hard to stay humble and realize that Im a lucky SOB to be flying and getting paid, albeit not much.

Latest resources

Back