light twin time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cptn2b

I am a low time CFI (350) at a university..Im not getting any multi time and it looks like it will be forever before I do. Have a friend who found a doctor that wanted him to fly his Baron...for for no pay but has built a lot of time doing it. I am willing to work for cheap or even free to build multi, anybody know what the best way to find these types of gigs is?

If you are riding along with a guy that is a pilot and he lets you fly it, free would be O.K. If the cheapskate is riding around in the back or is not a pilot, it should pay. (Your Doctor story sounded like one of the not O.K. ones.)

Cptn2b said:
not long but thats not the point of the question.

I think that was the point of the question for you. Be patient and pay your dues like everyone else. Once you have 135 mins there will be plenty of opportunity to get twin time hauling some boxes/checks around.

Just for everyones information...there are people who get places without being a CFI for 1000 hours..everyone on this whole freakin site seems to use the same stupid "pay your dues line".

That's because it's true...
Once you get a 1000 hrs. under your belt, you'll agree.

Cptn2b said:
Just for everyones information...there are people who get places without being a CFI for 1000 hours..everyone on this whole freakin site seems to use the same stupid "pay your dues line".

Hey you sound like a perfect candidate for the new regionals, willing to work for free and wants to skip all the hassles of actually getting experience.

I hear G O Jets is hiring, you can add union busting to the resume as well!;)

Slow down and enjoy the ride, There is plenty of time to be screwed over and over by aviation mgmt. The most fun I had in aviation was building the time and flying freight in a Baron. Jets are nice when you are in the air, but on the ground all the rest that goes with it really sucks most of the time.

You're going to fly a doctor around in a Baron with 350TT? Please plan your flights over un-populated areas.

Cptn2b said:

Trust me, those "places" are not as cool as you think. There are alot of very high time pilots out of work right now, what makes you think that you deserve a job more than they do? Is it because you will do it for half the price that they would have just to get the time? Thats not a good reason, and will not earn you any bonus points here. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Each "step" in the process will teach you things, just like your post here should teach you to be patient and everything will work out in the end. There is a quote that someone has on here that says something like "A pilot's career is not about a destination, its about the trip." Keep that in mind as you set off into your new career, and don't step on any toes this early in the game. The people that your stepping on are the people that will be able to help you when you are qualified for those "places" you speak of.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back