light twin time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HMR said:
Shhhhhh! Keep it down. We don't need any more pilots "discovering" Stanley. It's hard enough to find a good campsite at Red Fish lake as it is.;)

Your not kidding! That place is so ridiculously crowded now! Last time I was there, concrete "camp" sites almost as close together as Las Vegas houses, and forget about just showing up and getting a spot. Most of them are reserved literally MONTHS in advance! We found ourselves another spot on notellum creek in the noneofyourbusiness mountains north of there though. Great camping on the river, or maybe it isn't...;)

Go to DCA and pay $100,000 for their 0 to hero program. I heard they give you tons of multi time and get you placed with an airline asap!!! If that doesnt work call up Gulfstream, I heard they give you tons of multi time too.

WOW you guys are harsh, I dont post much but I have seen the same thing over and over on here about "paying your dues". Ofcourse the number one way to do that is to get the CFI and instruct. I was able to go a different route and I cleaned for a part 135 operator for 3 years and busted my butt. I couldnt afford to get the CFI so I worked hard for them and they would send me on 91 trips here and there and then at 500 TT they hired me to sit right seat in a King AIr 200/90. So what I am saying is that there are other ways to get where you want. Either way you have to work hard. If I was to give Captn2b advice I would say get the CFI, CFII and MEI and instruct but always keep good contacts and treat everyone with respect and never expect anything from anyone. Also if you are going to be a PIC in any airplane for anyone else it should never be for free. Sitting right seat is a completley different story. Good Luck

I’m sorry to be coming so late to the party. Captn2B at this stage in your career, you're simply not as good as you think you are. It's pretty easy for someone with your level of experience to become overconfident.

It's pretty interesting how this principle works. When I had 100 hours, I realized that I really knew a lot about aviation. When I had 500 hours I was practically ready to be an ATP. When I had 1000 hours, well that was it, I knew it all - or so I thought. Here I am, 39 years later and well into a five figure logbook and I can't believe how much I don't know.

At this point, your experience level isn't great enough to handle a lot of "what if" scenarios. It's not that 350 hour commercial, instrument, CFIs don't have a lot to contribute. They certainly do. Many of them, who are active CFIs, can fly circles around us when it comes to specific maneuvers that they might be teaching and performing on a daily basis and we might not have done for months or years. The issue is one of depth, not breath of knowledge. Pilots in this position (and every one of us old farts have been there) have a broad range of knowledge, it just doesn't run very deep. That's what experience does – it deepens your knowledge and understanding. You don’t fly better, you fly smarter.

When it comes right down to it, it’s the insurance companies that determine who can fly what, not the FAA. Assuming that you could even get a quote, the requirements will be stifling. ($8K+ per year, 50 hours of dual prior to solo, and an approved school is their way of saying “Not yet Ace.”)

There is no shortcut to gaining experience. You have to get it the exact same way as everyone else – one hour at a time. Enjoy the process.

‘Sled

Atp

Pay the money to get your ME rating then your CFI ME at a place like ATP. They will hire you to instruct if they need someone. You will build the experience and the flight time quickly working for such a group.

Oaying Dues Yada Yada Yada and All The Other B.S. Long!

Cptn2b, I also have been told on here and many other places to pay my dues, here is what I did in September I took $100.00 placed a few classified ads offering ferry services I took the meager profits from September about 400.00 and I rolled it all back in to advertising for October + having business cards made you can get 1,000 color glossy cards for just under $25.00 at www.vistaprint.com

I even took the $100.00 I spent and put it back in my pocket as with all gambling if you make what you started with back keep it & roll the profits. In October after expenses deducting a $400.00 a month advertising budget I made $2,387.00, November was even better $3,921.00 December well I am sitting at about + $1100.00 but its Christmas & I am not working till after the 25th as I do not wish to get stuck some place on Christmas because with ferrying airplane no telling what’s going to happen.

So if you put your mind to it and think, think, think there are way of paying toy dues, Since September have flown just over 18 airplanes and I have put in almost 95 hours of flight time,

1, Cessna 210 Wow, long story!
4, 182’s one of them was a turbo rg,
2, Beech 35 V tails! Amazing Machines
1, Cessna 172
1, Beech Skipper
1, Cessna 172RG
1, Cessna 172 RG that was totally stripped no radios and only a pilots seat basic VFR & what looked like duct tape for an N Number but with a Franklin Engine
1, Grumman AA5A That Nose Wheel Is Interesting.
2, Mooney M20
4, Cessna 150/2

Ok another nice thing about ferrying is you get real world experience in all the different makes & models; insurance is also cheap for single engine, the only problem I am finding with it, is now I don’t have time to fly my own airplaneL. Every one will try and talk you in to instructing there are many other ways to pay your dues! Keep saying these words as your making your goals happen “If it to be it’s up to me” you need to put in 66.5% of your day towards work use the other 33.5% to sleep that’s about 8 hours.

Take the advice you receive on this board and other forms of internet communication & learn to take the flaming & smart ass remarks and learn from them, There is no dumb question! Just a lot of rude answers from people who think they are a know it all’s some know some things other’s no nothing and just flame, You will just have to weed through the B.S. and make it all work for you!

I make the above sound easy it was not, it is a lot of work “Airplane Owners Are Broke &/OR hate to spend money” I have to work dam hard in making each sale. I have 10 years under my belt as a successful business proprietor & had to quickly learn a whole new way of doing business because In the aviation world a whole new breed of consumer, I am still learning the aviation world & defiantly paying my dues, Once I figure out how to get a self sustaining system down it should not be a problem of having 1,000+ hours TT and a hundred or so multi hours by the end of 2006.

After a year or two of ferrying maybe, I will think about instructing and learning the other side of aviation. I know I will have a lot more knowledge and have time in more then just the usual trainers.

Now My Advice,

Don’t scrape the bottom of the barrel leave some for someone else! Work for what you get, you will respect it a lot more or learn more!

So Cptn2b, If your goal is to build multi time, you should be thinking of ways to go out and earn it! I think that what everyone is saying about paying you dues.

Merry Christmas, Flame Away!!!!
NW_Pilot

By the way, don't fret about all the downers about airline flying! It is really fun to fly big jets and since not too many of us can afford our own, we have to work for someone to fly such cool equipment! No matter what, if you work for someone else, you have to put up with the BS. But, what an office view!!

Latest resources

Back