• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

light twin time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At 350 hrs. multi engine time should be the last thing on your mind right now. Why do you want to get the multi time so fast? Lets pretend that for the next 100 hrs. you get all multi engine time, do you really think that's going to matter? Then what? now you'll have 450 TT. What are you going to do with that? IMO, go teach and rack up about 600+ more hrs a as a CFI. When i first started teaching, multi time wasn't even on my mind, I was just so happy to get paid to fly.

silver02ex - it's the kids in my generation.. "instant gratification..."

:erm: Gents, somehow I don't believe he's reading this thread anymore

I think he is still reading this post. He's also browsing for jobs flying right seat in a single pilot frieght op where he'll pay several thousand dollars to yank gear and occasionally talk on the radio. He'll get to 1000 tt and expect the regionals to line up to recieve him. After three interviews, he'll sneak by some interview board, work for six months, and find out he can't pay his student loans. He'll quit that, they were screwing him anyway, he'll say, and spend a summer selling insecticide contracts. Then he'll realize he still wants to be a pilot, and will come back here and ask how much he should be paid to fly a Baron (he's not insurable on anythig else). At this point he'll demand $250-$300 a day because he's "paid his dues." I almost forgot the part where he can't get his ATP because his right seat freight time doesn't count for anything and the examiner rejects his qualifications.

Just kidding, he can come work for us. We love his go-get'er attitude!

My advice. . .pay the dues. I'm still paying my dues!! I've had a few ME opportunities pop up here and there, including a right seat passenger gig that I turned down because I refused to pay. Like I said, opportunities pop up. I'm waiting for status as an instructor at a flight school that gives good deals on a Seneca for training right now, and it will work out. You just have to give it time, like a few hundred hours of time. Be more concerned about TT(total time) right now than anything. One more reason why I turned down the right seat turbine job was because I'd be missing out on all the total time, dual instruction given, and lots more fun than being a taxi driver. Better money too, and it's free!!!

just my .02

check6

Well since most of you are done bashing this "A$$ capt to be", I'll give it a shot. It really chaps my tail hearing bs like this coming out of someone with 300 hours. Heck I slept behind the controls for longer than that.
Instruction is the single most valuable stage in your career. This is where you finaly learn to fly the dang plane, find out more about what you know and don't, and develop from a secretion into a pilot. Suck it up! Your charachter will only benefit from the day to day bs, dealing with a student with a humble perspective of "the customer is allways right". You actualy have command of your own ship, and nothing teaches command responsibility better than hands on, so take advantage of it. Get you total time, because, where you're trying to go, you'll need that total time, unless you daddy is a CP at a corp outfit somewhere. The multi time will come along in due time and not before. Learn from it and never tell anyone that you'll fly for free, or even for food. This aint a third world country, but pilot pay is getting bad enough to qualify. Never ever post $hit like this:

[Just for everyones information...there are people who get places without being a CFI for 1000 hours..everyone on this whole freakin site seems to use the same stupid "pay your dues line".] -capt2bee

Most of these guys know what it takes to get where ur trying to go, and know it too well. You even pi$$sed off the 400 hour guys in here who are "paying their dues". Take heed of what is said here, and don't step on anyones toes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back