Life at UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to spoil the brotherly love.......but

I recieved a pool letter on the 15th and I am very grateful and excited to begin.

7000+
4800 jet pic
2 types
Check Airman, APD
Gaurd Military Officer
3 letters of Rec (one mgmt)

I believe that they do an interview cycle and at the end send out the pool/Regret letters. This may explain why some wait a month others wait days. I waited 8 days.
:)

Not to spoil the brotherly love.......but

I recieved a pool letter on the 15th and I am very grateful and excited to begin.

7000+
4800 jet pic
2 types
Check Airman, APD
Gaurd Military Officer
3 letters of Rec (one mgmt)

I believe that they do an interview cycle and at the end send out the pool/Regret letters. This may explain why some wait a month others wait days. I waited 8 days.

Welcome to the pool. I think that is the best X-mas gift you will get this year other then a free three day weekend in the Playboy Manson!!!

LLB

Originally Posted by 80for80
I'd be interested but I wouldn't want to take the chance on being stuck on the panel on a jurassic jet. Now if they could hire me into the right seat of a widebody (especially he 747-400 :D) that would be cool. Plus I'm not too keen on wearing a brown uniform. I think I'll continue to enjoy my seniority on the RJ or maybe wait till United starts hiring again.
You know what, you should just stay where you are.

Hey Little Lear Punk - You can't see the humor in 80for80??? How soon you have forgot what it was like being on the outside looking in. You had this whole board singing "Koomba-ya" for you while you sat for 3 years in the hiring pool. The only reason you got pulled out is because we couldn't hire fast enough and had to drain it. Don't be the big tufguy now.

P.S. one call to my people in training and your next upgrade just got a lot harder

I have read many 80 for 80 posts, aka The Guat, etc, etc. In my view he/she is either a UPS wannabe who never succeeded OR someone who’s been at UPS for a while and for whatever reason likes to pick on pilots who are still trying to get hired at UPS.

If the first option is true, oh well, not everyone gets hired, let go of your bitterness. Your hate won't get you anywhere.

If the second options is true, well, that’s really sad, because it means you’ve already forgotten what it’s like to be at the very bottom hoping for an interview at UPS or other major airline. Don’t understand why you like to post confusing and many times incorrect statements just to stir things up? I mean it almost seems as if other pilots’ misery and unhappiness makes you happy?

Are you really that shallow?

Last edited:
kidflo

No I didn't forget the pool. No I didn't see the humor from his post. When it comes from a person who seems to like to stir things up, were is the humor in that??

Years to go before I upgrade.

quality of life

Hello Upsers,
Current research has led me to ask, is the qol worth the night schedule? Do the trips take you away too long, are you enjoying the hell out of your work?

I only ask as my career is at a crossroads, first baby on the way, and flying pax is not it's cracked up to be.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back