Life at UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ups app

i applied on-line as soon as the new app came out. then i recently tried to update. i keep getting name, number, and about 7 questions to make sure i meet their criteria. is this normal? can one update on-line, if so how?
also, who is getting called now? md-11 time, 747 time? how about little 727's. anyone getting called with little old 727 time(5000 as f/o) ???
old man larry and dr. zumweinkel want me to leave.

Just curious how life is at UPS ...

<<
VACANCY BID

Today the Company posted two realignment bids Below are
some highlights of the bids.

*The two bids combined add 97 new Captains to the systemwide headcount.

*The two bids combined add 131 new FO's to the systemwide headcount.

*All probationary crewmembers can bid for vacancies and, if interested, should have a system bid on file.

*Realignment bid 06-106 is the first B747-400 bid with 30 crews
domiciled in ANC.

>>

BBB <--- Thinks life is good at brown!

newhires

Looks like the end of F/Es under age 60...and with the dying age 65 legislation looks like the training center will be very busy here...
<<
VACANCY BID

Today the Company posted two realignment bids Below are
some highlights of the bids.

*The two bids combined add 97 new Captains to the systemwide headcount.

*The two bids combined add 131 new FO's to the systemwide headcount.

*All probationary crewmembers can bid for vacancies and, if interested, should have a system bid on file.

*Realignment bid 06-106 is the first B747-400 bid with 30 crews
domiciled in ANC.

>>

BBB <--- Thinks life is good at brown!

I believe to update your app, you need to go to "my inquiries" once you sign in. That will lead to the whole application previously filled out.

80for80,

I heard NASA is hiring street Captains on the shuttle. With all your skills and experience, why would you ever want to sit in the back of a "jurasic jet" ? I guess a year in the back to make over 100,000 in the future isn't worth it...to you. Stay at the commuters where your "King" !!!!

Larry H Junior,

In answer to your question, I interviewed at UPS in Oct. I can't speak as to what the average interview candidate has, but here are my qualifications for comparasion:

Total time just under 8200, 6728 ME, 5787 JET, 1550 Jet PIC. Type ratings
B757/767, B737, BE400, Mu300, CE500, LRJET, DA-50. 1000+ hours in B-727, 1500+ in B757, 600 in B737, 700 in B717, rest was in business jets.
Turbojet FE certificate, but no FE experience.

eight years of major airline experience, along with 8 years of freight and corporate aviation. instruction prior to that, started flying in 1987.

Hope this helps some. Good luck

Have you heard anything yet?

Larry H Junior,

In answer to your question, I interviewed at UPS in Oct. I can't speak as to what the average interview candidate has, but here are my qualifications for comparasion:

Total time just under 8200, 6728 ME, 5787 JET, 1550 Jet PIC. Type ratings
B757/767, B737, BE400, Mu300, CE500, LRJET, DA-50. 1000+ hours in B-727, 1500+ in B757, 600 in B737, 700 in B717, rest was in business jets.
Turbojet FE certificate, but no FE experience.

eight years of major airline experience, along with 8 years of freight and corporate aviation. instruction prior to that, started flying in 1987.

Hope this helps some. Good luck

Pending the results of the background check and drug tests, I hope to be in class on December 14. Dream come true to say the least.

Take care,
sferguson737

I'd be interested but I wouldn't want to take the chance on being stuck on the panel on a jurassic jet. Now if they could hire me into the right seat of a widebody (especially he 747-400 :D) that would be cool. Plus I'm not too keen on wearing a brown uniform. I think I'll continue to enjoy my seniority on the RJ or maybe wait till United starts hiring again.

Don't worry, you wouldn't be senior enough. All 747 FE are over 60. 135 out of 155 (give or take) on the DC8 are over 60. Don't know about the 727, but there have been some classes for them lately. New hires have been going to every right seat in the fleet.

I used to walk by that ad in DFW a lot on the way to the crew room. Glad I don't anymore.

Latest resources

Back