• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Life at UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the new poolies congrats. What were your times and number of letters of recs? thanks

TT 6000+, PIC 3000+, all turbine time, mostly ME Turboprop and Jet. Flew Military C-130s, Delta Air Lines 6 yrs....727s, MD-88/90, NetJets Citation X.
Standard ratings...ATP, DC-9, L-382, CE-750 type ratings, FE turbojet powered rating.

LORs: approx 5 pilot LORs, 1 Management Pilot LOR.

Last edited:
This may seem like an obvious and less than intelligent question, but here goes anyway. You failed to mention 4 year college degree or not. I am just wondering if they have hired anyone without a college degree since the late 80's/early 90's. Thanks for putting this latest info out........

Larry H Junior,

In answer to your question, I interviewed at UPS in Oct. I can't speak as to what the average interview candidate has, but here are my qualifications for comparasion:

Total time just under 8200, 6728 ME, 5787 JET, 1550 Jet PIC. Type ratings
B757/767, B737, BE400, Mu300, CE500, LRJET, DA-50. 1000+ hours in B-727, 1500+ in B757, 600 in B737, 700 in B717, rest was in business jets.
Turbojet FE certificate, but no FE experience.

eight years of major airline experience, along with 8 years of freight and corporate aviation. instruction prior to that, started flying in 1987.

Hope this helps some. Good luck

This may seem like an obvious and less than intelligent question, but here goes anyway. You failed to mention 4 year college degree or not. I am just wondering if they have hired anyone without a college degree since the late 80's/early 90's. Thanks for putting this latest info out........

A friend of mine was hired there in 2000 without a degree. Maybe one year of college max.

I'm not sure as to whether UPS will hire people without a 4 year degree or not. I think it might be one of the boxes you have to check when you fill out an application, but I am not sure.

I do have a four year degree from Purdue University. (not that it matters where it's from, I am just loyal to my school:) )

Take care,
Sferguson737

Latest resources

Back