• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

letter from retired AAA captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And what exactly does ALPA promise for the future, besides rolling over on cabotage?

You expect ALPA or a group of dysfunctional pilots to stop global market forces? Why would you do that?

ALPA is and always will be about the fat cats on top getting theirs at the expense of the dues-paying majority.

Expect nothing less with the likes of you.... just handing your money over..... never have reading the "how to" book....

You hate ALPA because it is what you wish to be....

Now that's funny.......Why would I wish to become an ineffective organization....I don't "hate" ALPA....I just don't think it is effective.....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
you just don't have the skillset and personality to deal with the complex world..... not that ALPA is so great.... but the ALPA volunteers and cheerleaders have one characterstic that you don't.

They are not quitters.

Your starting to come around Rez.....You can now admit that ALPA "isn't so great"......and that you are "fixing ALPA"......The first step is admiting we have a problem.....

I am not a "quiter".....if I was, I wouldn't be here debating you.....I think ALPA either needs to change, or it needs to move on down the road and be replaced.....Don't confuse lack of support for a failed organization with "quiting"......

Thankyou for this post. It is indicative of the ALPA cheerleader mindset: If you don't agree with us, you're wrong!

Nope. You can disagree. Please do. However, pragmatic ideas and solutions are encouraged. Its like the book critic said to its author "I haven't read your book, but...."

The author replied "perhaps you should"

Way to foster change, Rez. You're going to abandon it just because it goes against your agenda of saving ALPA? How do you know USAPA would not grow into something beneficial?

You are indirectly defending Joe Merchant, an complete and total failure as a pilot career representive. Joe, was elected S/T of his LEC. He didn't attend meetings and the meetings he did attend refused to provide the minutes, which of course is mandated by the C&BL. Joey also sued the pilots because he couldn't effect change as an elected rep.

USAPA will fail b/c it will divide the profession even more. The AMR pilots left because of ego's in the 1950's and we;ve suffered from it. the APA is a pretty weak union.... why would USAPA be better... expecially based on its false foundation... its not the brand... its the leadership....

In a democracy.. what do the "people" do when the candidates for election are both wrong choices?

Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors....

So far ALPA has shown itself to roll-over for just about any crap that managements want to hand them. ALPA has dug their own grave IMHO.
Why and how do you expect them to "hold the line?"

Pretty obvious that the former US Air pilots don't have much to lose by jumping the sinking ALPA ship.

Why not argue both sides and show us how informed you are on the subject?

Now that's funny.......Why would I wish to become an ineffective organization....I don't "hate" ALPA....I just don't think it is effective.....

Joe...lets' be clear... ALPA maybe ineffective... but you are still less than ALPA's ineffectiveness. As an elected rep how did you make your LEC better butter fingers?

Your starting to come around Rez.....You can now admit that ALPA "isn't so great"......and that you are "fixing ALPA"......The first step is admiting we have a problem.....

I never said ALPA didn't have problems... I just don't quit like you when I don't get my way. I don't sue. I stay at the table of change.

I am not a "quiter".....if I was, I wouldn't be here debating you.....I think ALPA either needs to change, or it needs to move on down the road and be replaced.....Don't confuse lack of support for a failed organization with "quiting"......

Quitter. Anyone else think Joe is a quitter? and a loser for failing his duties as an elected rep and sueing ALPA?

You think ALPA needs to change but you have no idea HOW. That means you are a bottom feeder. You need to be told what to do... you are only smart enough to be stupid and dangerous to all of us... as you have proven with your silly lawsuit and failed elected position.

USAPA will fail b/c it will divide the profession even more. The AMR pilots left because of ego's in the 1950's and we've suffered from it. the APA is a pretty weak union.... why would USAPA be better... expecially based on its false foundation... its not the brand... its the leadership....
How are the collective airlines of ALPA different from American? Aside from the fact that they are represented by ALPA, they all have their own best interests in mind. The USAir pilots will still have their best interests in mind, just under another banner.
In a democracy.. what do the "people" do when the candidates for election are both wrong choices?
My pragmatic idea to start is to reduce the pay and bennies at the top. What's your idea?

How are the collective airlines of ALPA different from American? Aside from the fact that they are represented by ALPA, they all have their own best interests in mind. The USAir pilots will still have their best interests in mind, just under another banner.

Does the APA testify before Congress?
Does SWAPA or the IPA or NPA have sole observer status at ICAO?

Is any in house union a member of IFALPA?

Provide an objective comparison of say... South Carolina succeeding from the United States of America.

As a sole soverignty with an International harbor, HOW would SC deal with international issues, better than the USA?

My pragmatic idea to start is to reduce the pay and bennies at the top. What's your idea?

Pay and bennies aren't the issue. This is democracy. Where the future leaders come from the masses.

I ask again. What do you do when both choices are poor?

Can you name two excellent candidates for ALPA Prez?

can anyone?

Last edited:
Does the APA testify before Congress?
Does SWAPA or the IPA or NPA have sole observer status at ICAO?

Is any in house union a member of IFALPA?
You're 100% right. And look at the Abortion of an airline Johnny O. has created. All that testifying before congress sure has done alot for those pilots and their contract. Same thing for Pinnacle. Those guys deserve better. ALPA is the wrong tool for the job.

Provide an objective comparison of say... South Carolina succeeding from the United States of America.

As a sole soverignty with an International harbor, HOW would SC deal with international issues, better than the USA?
We're back to playing the "what if" game? Stay on track here, Rez.

Pay and bennies aren't the issue. This is democracy. Where the future leaders come from the masses.
So you think Duane Worthless would have taken the post on a CRJ captain's salary? I find the very idea laughable! By the way, where is Worthless these days? He sure cut and ran after he got his. I thought he would have still held an ALPA position out of the kindness of his heart! Duane Woerth is synonymous with Sack O' Sh!t

I ask again. What do you do when both choices are poor?
Reduce the bennies and pay. That's my answer, Rez. I have provided one whether you agree to it or not. Now, I am asking YOU (Not rhetorically either) What do you do when both choices are losers, like our upcoming Presidential election?

Latest resources

Back