Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i dont like unions, but...

Gimpy said:
If any of you are represented by TWU, I pity you.

TWU international publicly opposed the MTA strike in New York. New York's MTA workers represent close to a third of TWU total membership.

Here is a quote from an article
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=traffic&id=3744460

Peter Dechiara, TWU International Attorney: "The international has indicated to the local that in its view under the TWU constitution this is an unauthorized strike. It has not been approved by the international."
A statement was released by the President of the International TWU Tuesday evening condemning the strike. It reads: "TWU (International) hereby notifies all members of Local 100 of their obligation under the December 13, 2005 preliminary injunctions and the December 20, 2005 temporary restraining orders issued by the New York Supreme Court to cease any and all strike or strike-related activities and to report to work at their regularly assigned work hours and work locations."

Look what they did for the 34,000 Public transportation workers in New York. They helped the MTA, Mayor Bloomberg and Governor Pataki cut the knees out from under the striking workers.

Do you really think the TWU is going to really help 20 to 50 dispatchers at a regional airline?

The TWU did the right thing in this instance. The MTA strike was an illegal action. If the Union had backed it, they would have been commitng a crime. The TWU (totally Worthless Union) had no choice. If they had said they backed it, then Union leaders could have been thrown in jail.

DOWN WITH THE UNIONS!!!!!!!!

homerjdispatch said:
The TWU did the right thing in this instance. The MTA strike was an illegal action. If the Union had backed it, they would have been commitng a crime. The TWU (totally Worthless Union) had no choice. If they had said they backed it, then Union leaders could have been thrown in jail.

DOWN WITH THE UNIONS!!!!!!!!

And there is the rub. "The Union Leaders could have been thrown in jail." God forbid they they put there butts on the line. Thousands of Twu members faced fines and arrest and went out on strike anyway. Just another in a long list of reasons I have such a low opinion of Unions.

TWU didn't have to support it, but they didn't have to publicly opose it either. TWU Internatinal stated it for everyone to hear, and I believe even posted signs at subway entrances and bus stops. Just my opininion, but they should have just stayed out of the way and keep there mouths shut so as to not sway public opinion against there own members.

ShutupandFly said:
And there is the rub. "The Union Leaders could have been thrown in jail." God forbid they they put there butts on the line. Thousands of Twu members faced fines and arrest and went out on strike anyway. Just another in a long list of reasons I have such a low opinion of Unions.

Because they won't break the law?

Got it!

Wearing your Timmy McVeigh t-shirt at the keyboard?

Occam's Razor said:

Got it!

Sorry about that, I must have lost my mind. Union bosses would never think of breaking the law.

I get it.

The Timmy McVeigh t-shirt is at the cleaners. got my Pasco county coastal cleanup shirt on today.

Last edited:
Occam's Razor said:

Got it!

Last edited:
Occam's Razor said:

Got it!

Is it possible for you to look at an issue from other than your extremely focused point of view? Have you ever thought that maybe you're not always so godd*mn correct and that you... aw, f*ck it.

You're the type of a-hole that would argue the point if I said the sun comes up in the east. You would say "no, technically, it's south-southeast." You're always right regardless of what anyone says.

Quite simply, OCD boy, you are an insufferable uptight prick.

Last edited:
405 said:
Is it possible for you to look at an issue from other than your extremely focused point of view?

I will if you will.

405 said:
Have you ever thought that maybe you're not always so godd*mn correct and that you... aw, f*ck it.

Have you ever thought that you're overreacting?

405 said:
You're the type of a-hole that would argue the point if I said the sun comes up in the east. You would say "no, technically, it's south-southeast." You're always right regardless of what anyone says.

You gather that conclusion because I advocate obeying the law?

(And the sun doesn't "rise". The Earth rotates.):D

405 said:
Quite simply, OCD boy, you are an insufferable uptight prick.

That's CAPTAIN OCD Boy to you! And my dog thinks I'm wonderful. (He also thinks you're incapable of countering sound logic, but offers to hump your leg if that'll help.)

Occam's Razor said:
That's CAPTAIN OCD Boy to you! And my dog thinks I'm wonderful. (He also thinks you're incapable of countering sound logic, but offers to hump your leg if that'll help.)

Captain OCD boy, give me a break. I'll bet your the kind of guy that puts your uniform on and sits in front of the 7-11 drinking coffee just waiting for someone to come up and say "gee mister are you an honest to goodness real pilot! Golly Gee I wana be just like you when I grow up"

Sorry Dude got my Tim McVeigh shirt back and it must be going to my head.

Latest resources

Back