• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let the WitchHuny Begin: "Wall St STILL Flying Corp Jets"--AP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Little tidbit; Sen. Harkin, D-IA had his wife on board a GV that ran off the runway the other day. Upon further investigation, it turns out the GV was owned by Conoco-Phillips, and she is on the board there. Can someone explain to me why a Senator's wife from a corn state is on the board of an oil company? Is it her invaluable knowledge of the energy industry?
This explains why we will never get off the oil teet. The oil industry is buying influence in all the right places.

ok here goes....

If there were no unions, would the company pay me what I am worth?

The price of anything is what anybody is WILLING to pay for it, so you have to detirmine that for yourself.

A CBA is rarely negotiated by unions in good faith, it's normally negotiated by blackmail. It doesn't exactly fit into the phrase, because the company is not "willing" to pay for it, they are forced to by blackmail.

There are companies out there without unions where pilots are happy and satisfied about what they are getting paid without the nonsense a union brings. Unless you were flying for one of those companies, there is no way I could answer if the company is willing to pay you for what you are worth.

Blackmail? The laws are slanted in management's favor, not in the unions' favor. You have the most leverage, not the union. To try to claim that unions have some sort of power to blackmail you into giving them a good contract is patently absurd. :rolleyes:

The price of anything is what anybody is WILLING to pay for it, so you have to detirmine that for yourself.

A CBA is rarely negotiated by unions in good faith, it's normally negotiated by blackmail. It doesn't exactly fit into the phrase, because the company is not "willing" to pay for it, they are forced to by blackmail.

There are companies out there without unions where pilots are happy and satisfied about what they are getting paid without the nonsense a union brings. Unless you were flying for one of those companies, there is no way I could answer if the company is willing to pay you for what you are worth.

ok ill ask again since you did not understand the question.

Would the company pay me what I am worth if there was no union?

put another way, what would be YOUR offer for a first year FO at a company that was run by YOU?

And if you say anything more that 25k per year I'll know you're lying.

that depends on what you think your worth....I am not sure they are ready to pay you $1 million/month.

Only messing with you.....had to do it. ;)

lol....well that is my point. They will throw out a number that is nearly impossible to live on. I guess it should be worded "would they pay what the job is worth". No they won't. Management will attempt to get you as cheap as they can. And your two choices are to say no, or say yes. Either way you're screwed. And that's just on salary, it's the same on everything else too.

Wanna talk about facts?....think about the things management does, that is why you have unions.

Unions are a direct result of the fcking crap that management does to try ass rape it's employees. That is a fact. Think about it, if management conducted itself accordingly, and paid thier employees for the job they were doing, everyone would be happy.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back