• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let the speculation begin at Flexjet...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An offer of overtime from the company means bad planning on their part. I never take O/T and especially will not take it now that we have furloughed.

There has been lots of discussion on the boards lately as to what a pilot group should do, or not do, with respect to its furloughed pilots. I'm one of the Flex 85, and would never expect the group as a whole to take pay cuts, cut work scheds, ect, to save my job. We all know the risks in this business, and those not affected still have bills to pay and mouths to feed. That being said, overtime is one huge exception! The offer of overtime by a company is evidence of a pilot shortage. If you except overtime with fellow pilots on the street, you are, at least, slapping them in the face, at most, actually preventing recalls. I implore all pilots out there flying for a company with folks on the street, if the company asks for help, tell them to shove it and get some people recalled.

There has been lots of discussion on the boards lately as to what a pilot group should do, or not do, with respect to its furloughed pilots. I'm one of the Flex 85, and would never expect the group as a whole to take pay cuts, cut work scheds, ect, to save my job. We all know the risks in this business, and those not affected still have bills to pay and mouths to feed. That being said, overtime is one huge exception! The offer of overtime by a company is evidence of a pilot shortage. If you except overtime with fellow pilots on the street, you are, at least, slapping them in the face, at most, actually preventing recalls. I implore all pilots out there flying for a company with folks on the street, if the company asks for help, tell them to shove it and get some people recalled.

I agree 100%...and from a guy not to far from the bottom...But we all know that we have a few OT leeches here at Flex and they don't give 2 Sh*ts about anyone but good old ME. To them the word "TEAM" has no letter "I" but it does have an "M" and an "E". Just look at the bluebelly posts and you see just who they are!

If we also had rest rules that conformed to the FAR's, then they would be forced to recall some pilots. Also, they would owe alot of back pay for unpaid ot.

Somebody please find out what happened with Julie and if it's true. I'd feel really bad if that's true.
Thanks

Julie was very good about getting pilots to where they wanted to go at the end of a rotation. I hope that had nothing to do with it

I heard a few weeks back about a challenger pilot who went ballistic when he heard that another pilot had a different/better/more expensive airline than him. He complained and scheduling had to change the airlines for everyone else to that captain's crappy cheap airline

Somebody please find out what happened with Julie and if it's true. I'd feel really bad if that's true.
Thanks

Rumor has it she put on a facade for the crews. Apparently she did not do much behind the scenes just sit around and not be a team player. That's what one of the schedulers told me. She was always great to me... I was just as shocked.

Rumor has it she put on a facade for the crews. Apparently she did not do much behind the scenes just sit around and not be a team player. That's what one of the schedulers told me. She was always great to me... I was just as shocked.

well, if I'm not mistaken, I think she was the longest time schedulers there and also the highest paid. Didn't she get canned on the same deadline date the other departments had to make their cost cutting decisions? As for her not working much, that statement sounds ridiculous. The job is one where you either do your work or you don't. Not much gray area. If she was truly underperforming she would have been let go long before her paycheck made a difference to the bottom line.

That's why the top 100 thinking we don't need a union or that their job is safe is just as ridiculous. They could hire 100 new FO's at the same rate as the top 40 pilots I bet. Julie being let go is a sign any longevity that translates into payscale is something for us all to ponder.

I find it funny that you guys are talking about raises. There is no way in he!! that we are going to get a raise. Everything from the comapny in the last 6 months has been take take take and you're fired. Suddenly they are going to turn around and say "take take take and you're fired, but wait ..... here is a raise!"

It does suck about Julie. She was the best. They should of fired Joel.

Latest resources

Back