• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leaving Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any JetBlue pilots, particularly junior FO's, leaving for Spirit given the aircraft deliveries they are getting?

JB movement as far as leaving has been very little that was my point. Maybe it will change but right now people are staying at JB. Just talked to an FO that left Compass and didn't want the free upgrade to Detla.....

JB movement as far as leaving has been very little that was my point. Maybe it will change but right now people are staying at JB. Just talked to an FO that left Compass and didn't want the free upgrade to Detla.....

I left compass as well. There have been a few of us. For me the reality was that it would take 3 years worth of Delta hiring to get my slot. Who knows when they will actually start hiring so i was figuring 5 years to a class date best case.

5 years is an eternity in this business and are still a few provisions where the flow could be eliminated or have to be renegotiated.(Another sale of compass). The thought of being owned by Hulas (Trans States Holdings) for another 5 years just hoping nothing went wrong scared the piss out of me.

My app is still in at delta. If they call great. At that point I would have to do a cost/benefit of leaving. If they dont call fine. There are very few places I would leave JetBlue for.

I don't have a number at Delta but I would like to have one. Leaving Compass for Jetblue is a good idea. The working environment and schedules are mostly better and I believe your pay should improve as well. The issue you will be forced to deal with is will your satisfaction for a working environment(B6) supersede the need for better pay and benefits(DAL).

To each his own... No way I would leave a Compass E175 (with a Delta slot) for a Jet Blue E190. What's the difference between the two jobs? Not much. Upgrade at JB will be long - you'll be sitting on that E190 for awhile just like you would have been at Compass for awhile...

I'd personally rather go for the Delta slot and then have the variety of aircraft types, pilot bases, better pay/benefits and worldwide routes that Delta offers. I'd take a long-term perspective because the choices of "great" airlines out there to work for is narrowing. If you go to SWA after the merger finalizes, you make good money but you have a 18-20 year upgrade. Fedex is great but you have to be a B2 Bomber pilot to qualify in most cases. Airlines like AA and USAirways could potentially merge. UAL probably won't hire for a long, long time. It seems like VA is always running on cash fumes. Not a lot of great choices.

Again, to each his own...

To each his own... No way I would leave a Compass E175 (with a Delta slot) for a Jet Blue E190. What's the difference between the two jobs? Not much. Upgrade at JB will be long - you'll be sitting on that E190 for awhile just like you would have been at Compass for awhile...

I'd personally rather go for the Delta slot and then have the variety of aircraft types, pilot bases, better pay/benefits and worldwide routes that Delta offers. I'd take a long-term perspective because the choices of "great" airlines out there to work for is narrowing. If you go to SWA after the merger finalizes, you make good money but you have a 18-20 year upgrade. Fedex is great but you have to be a B2 Bomber pilot to qualify in most cases. Airlines like AA and USAirways could potentially merge. UAL probably won't hire for a long, long time. It seems like VA is always running on cash fumes. Not a lot of great choices.

Again, to each his own...

Yet another F-ing retarded comment out of JackRod.

Why don't you ask the guy above if this place is not much different than Compass? Why don't you ask him if he is happy with his decision?

I will eventually leave Compass for JBlue too. I NEED A CLASS DATE!!!! Sitting around for a flow that may or may not happen is ridiculous. The sale of CP to TS came out of nowhere and another sale will only put the flow in more jeopardy. I too would be looking at 3 years or more to flow. I have 6 internal recs to Delta. I'd be off the street hired way before Compass made my life grand. I hate commuting to DTW and living in CT an being based in BOS with Blue will be awesome.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back