• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leaving Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't like being talked down to. Or the assumption that this is my first rodeo. It's not.

That was not a 'talk down' or 'assuming' your first rodeo. That was trying to get you to stay focused on the complete list of issues that are here. Just curious, in your opinion, does the benefits of a CBA equal the benefits of the 'DR'? Does the fact that the "DR" doesn't exsist anywhere else, and was replaced emphatically at FDX bear any influence on your views?

That was not a 'talk down' or 'assuming' your first rodeo. That was trying to get you to stay focused on the complete list of issues that are here. Just curious, in your opinion, does the benefits of a CBA equal the benefits of the 'DR'? Does the fact that the "DR" doesn't exsist anywhere else, and was replaced emphatically at FDX bear any influence on your views?

If you had read my views from my posts, you would know I am a CBA supporter.

I'm not a victim. I've never even claimed that. I came to JetBlue as a stepping stone to a major. Things haven't worked out so I decided to get involved and try to affect change. this DR hasn't been here since the beginning. There was no relationship. The DR is what JetBlue pilots/management relationship has evolved into. If you have the time and the inclination volunteer and take an inside look at what the DR truly is.

I don't Need to. I am no DR enthusiast.

You and I usually agree on most things. No need for the back and forth. Lets point the gun toward improving our retirement and the pay review. Show me the money!

I don't know what exec you were referring to that said there would be an increase in the total pilot budget, but Rob Maruster (was that the RB you were referring to?) said there would be an increase to the retirement contribution, in some nebulous form. He NEVER, in any of the conference calls, stated that there would be a corresponding increase to the total pilot compensation budget. That simply means that it WILL be mined from some other place in the budget. And every missive we've heard from Barger lately has been all about holding the line (or reducing) on costs and ROIC.

I'm sure even new guys can read between the lines. This exec team, even more than most, are very crafty about what they sound like they are saying without actually saying it. Caveat Emptor.

i don't know what exec you were referring to that said there would be an increase in the total pilot budget, but rob maruster (was that the rb you were referring to?) said there would be an increase to the retirement contribution, in some nebulous form. He never, in any of the conference calls, stated that there would be a corresponding increase to the total pilot compensation budget. That simply means that it will be mined from some other place in the budget. And every missive we've heard from barger lately has been all about holding the line (or reducing) on costs and roic.

I'm sure even new guys can read between the lines. This exec team, even more than most, are very crafty about what they sound like they are saying without actually saying it. Caveat emptor.

o.k...

Yes. Up until recently, we have had Captains leave for Southwest and Delta.

Up until recently? Delta hasn't hired since the first part of '08. I left JetBlue in 07 for Delta and it was because I needed to get back to Atlanta. Being faced with a couple of more years of E190 co-pilot pay, at the time, was depressing, but had I stayed, I would be a 190 Captain making more than I do here, or I would have a better schedule on the 320 and make close to what I make here. Now I don't regret leaving, but it's a stretch to say what you did, especially considering you have several furloughed Delta pilots that stayed at Jetblue.

Latest resources

Back