• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for Fed Ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
(hear swa isn't treating there reservists well lately, coincidentally) etc etc. You know I have no dog in this fight (yeah that's right I'm jealous of both, maybe I will work for a real airline someday), BUT I think it would probably make more sense to compare contracts and not bid packs. I have been told over and over again that there is so many ways to work your schedule at fedex it's freakin' ridiculous. I don't know that about swa. I am still waiting for that JB vs Fedex thread.

BAWAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Bragging may or not be the whole truth. You also hear seniority is everything at FedEx too. Lots and lots of FO's don't upgrade to Captain at the earliest opportunity because they don't want to lose their ability to bid the line they want. Lots of variance between the worst line and the best line. I have heard it takes seniority to get those day lines or the density or trip length that you want. Otherwise you get what is left over.

You can compare contracts. That is important. But I was comparing days off and bid lines.

Compare everything before drawing a conclusion. But, like ground school, I like to focus on one thing at a time.

Dude, relax. I just said they have a 6 hour rig at fedex. At least I am pretty sure they do. I don't even work there, but have a ton of friends that do and they enjoy it. I know at least 15 people that work at swa (ten or so that have started in the last year -- all military) and they love it. So lay off. There's no fire here.

I forget friendly sarcasm and my sense of humor does not come across the internet.

Just having fun with you. No insult or flame intended.

Bragging may or not be the whole truth. You also hear seniority is everything at FedEx too. Lots and lots of FO's don't upgrade to Captain at the earliest opportunity because they don't want to lose their ability to bid the line they want. Lots of variance between the worst line and the best line. I have heard it takes seniority to get those day lines or the density or trip length that you want. Otherwise you get what is left over.

You can compare contracts. That is important. But I was comparing days off and bid lines.

Compare everything before drawing a conclusion. But, like ground school, I like to focus on one thing at a time.

Okay, so you get what is left over and you MIL drop the whole bag and then put together a much better schedule. But that's probably working the system.

[LEFT said:
FlyBoeingJets[/left];1128737]At the risk of doing more public math. How did you come up with 16.48? I figure--

35 - 18.19 = 16.81
28 - 14.7 = 13.3

The way I read this is on an alternating cycle of 28 and 35 day months you average (16.8 + 13.3) 30.1 days off over 63 days (two months). That's 15.05 days a month.

Another way I chose to figure was to divide 30.1 days by 63 days and then multiply by 31 days. That yields 14.8 days off in a 31 day month
The 18.19/14.7 numbers were days off, not work days.

In a 35 day month we have an average of 18.19 days off/16.81 work days
In a 28 day month we have an average of 14.70 days off/13.30 work days

I guess a more accurate way to figure it is:
4-35 day months @ 18.19 days off average is 72.76 days off
8-28 day months @ 14.70 days off average is 117.6 days off

72.76+117.6=190.36 days off per year.

190.36/12=15.9 days off each month.

Papa

The 18.19/14.7 numbers were days off, not work days.

In a 35 day month we have an average of 18.19 days off/16.81 work days
In a 28 day month we have an average of 14.70 days off/13.30 work days

I guess a more accurate way to figure it is:
4-35 day months @ 18.19 days off average is 72.76 days off
8-28 day months @ 14.70 days off average is 117.6 days off

72.76+117.6=190.36 days off per year.

190.36/12=15.9 days off each month.

Papa

Thanks for setting me straight.

Ok, now it's confirmed.......he is gay and RETARDED!

My airplane is bigger and cooler than yours....na na na na na :p

C'mon mega....

If you girls aren't comparing clothes it the size of your chest..... :)

It's a human thang... not a guy thang!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back