• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for Fed Ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't have the attention span to read 8 pages on why some dude wants to leave Southwest for FedEx but hey - you gotta do what's best for you and your family. There's a chance you'll bone it but you won't know for 30 years!

As far as defending my company - to the death bro. I guess the real clincher for me was the few days following 9/11. I thought sure we were going to furlough like everyone else was starting to announce. The company sent a memo to every station to be handed to the crews upon landing. The note said in effect....

"We hope you're O.K. Be strong. Do your job. Take care of the customer. We are NOT going to furlough because we know that if you take care of the customers and each other we'll be fine."

What more can you ask for in a company?

Gup

Dang skippy Air Force & proud of it!!. Can u say you've logged combat time, been to Afghanistan, Iraq, or flown a Congressional delegation to Africa???

If I had done all that I'd come up with something cooler to say than dang Skippy...

A hinge once told me: Tanking is a manly profession as long as you are the "plugger" and not the "receiver." Ha.

Thanks for all the gas over Afghanistan -- you AF heavies are the real heroes. It takes a lot of patience and stamina to fly around in circles all day.

God, I could only dream of these jobs. Here are some plusses and minuses of both in my opinion:

FedEx: Good: International wide body flying; less work and more pay; Don't have to wear the uniform (I'm assuming since your not in the public eye.
Bad: Having to deal with fat lazy grumpy men (See above statement); all or most the flying is done at night. Long trips stuck in a hotel room masturbating.

Soutwest : Good: Hot looking flight attendants; Better domicile choices; More enjoyable people; shorter trips so I can get home and bang my girlfriend and drive my Iroc.

Bad: More work for less pay; 737 for life; No international flying; when you do get older, fat and grumpy you are still doing 9 legs a day versus 1 to london.

Just my .02$.

I don't have the attention span to read 8 pages on why some dude wants to leave Southwest for FedEx but hey - you gotta do what's best for you and your family. There's a chance you'll bone it but you won't know for 30 years!

As far as defending my company - to the death bro. I guess the real clincher for me was the few days following 9/11. I thought sure we were going to furlough like everyone else was starting to announce. The company sent a memo to every station to be handed to the crews upon landing. The note said in effect....

"We hope you're O.K. Be strong. Do your job. Take care of the customer. We are NOT going to furlough because we know that if you take care of the customers and each other we'll be fine."

What more can you ask for in a company?

Gup

Absolutely, defend your company when under attack. But had you gone back and read the 8 pages of posts you would find that no one attacked SWA in any way. The attacks (from SWA Guys) were directed at the individual that merely asked for advice about leaving SWA for FedEx. It's along the lines of "How dare you even think of leaving SWA. But if you are THINKING of leaving then GET THE HE!! OUT NOW!!!! A lot of others were curious what exactly breeds that mentality and hostility. Curious minds want to know.:confused:

God, I could only dream of these jobs. Here are some plusses and minuses of both in my opinion:

FedEx: Good: International wide body flying; less work and more pay; Don't have to wear the uniform (I'm assuming since your not in the public eye.
Bad: Having to deal with fat lazy grumpy men (See above statement); all or most the flying is done at night. Long trips stuck in a hotel room masturbating.

Soutwest : Good: Hot looking flight attendants; Better domicile choices; More enjoyable people; shorter trips so I can get home and bang my girlfriend and drive my Iroc.

Bad: More work for less pay; 737 for life; No international flying; when you do get older, fat and grumpy you are still doing 9 legs a day versus 1 to london.

Just my .02$.

Oh God...I am going to back away from my PC quickly....I can't even bare to see the responses to this post....ouch!

Just my .02$.

This is based on your 850 hours of experience? 9 legs a day?

Drive your Iroc?

Four One Oh DUDE!

Drive your Iroc?

I changed my signature and added a picture of me drag racing it. Pretty cool pic even if I lost that race.

By the way I haven't updated my profile in a while. It's a lot more than 850 hrs. Try double that!! And I'm flying 121 now for a regional so I think I have a bit of a clue what I'm talking about. Thank you.

By the way I haven't updated my profile in a while. It's a lot more than 850 hrs. Try double that!! And I'm flying 121 now for a regional so I think I have a bit of a clue what I'm talking about. Thank you.

LOL.......I call flame bait on your a$$. Thanks for giving me a good chuckle this morning.

Latest resources

Back