• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for AA or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I don't like to give you attention, bc like a 13 year old you know you embellish more than any of us
Speaking of- 5 legs schtick - you really do need new material

Meanwhile- you have plenty of pilots who do 5 legs a. Day- you just view yourself as above them

Yeah, I don't like to give you attention, bc like a 13 year old you know you embellish more than any of us
Speaking of- 5 legs schtick - you really do need new material

Meanwhile- you have plenty of pilots who do 5 legs a. Day- you just view yourself as above them

Thanks Wave, I was mistaken. Red was on his Sixth leg that day doing intra Texas flying. I don't think there are any six leg days here. Thanks!

Bye Bye---General Lee

No?
I'm sure you do general
You just outsource it that's how little you respect domestic flying

No?
I'm sure you do general
You just outsource it that's how little you respect domestic flying

Thanks to your 717s coming over, that outsourcing is decreasing, especially since 140 fewer RJs will result due to the latest contract. You should applaud that. The outsourcing is being fixed. Your PFT policy for new hires on the other hand, hasn't been changed. Please work on that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Thanks to your 717s coming over, that outsourcing is decreasing, especially since 140 fewer RJs will result due to the latest contract. You should applaud that. The outsourcing is being fixed. Your PFT policy for new hires on the other hand, hasn't been changed. Please work on that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are seriously comparing a type rating (that's deductible) to DALPA outsourcing of almost 50% of their domestic feed over the past 25 yrs with no end in sight?

Not even close to the same Gen. How many Billions of dollars in wages has DALPA flushed away?

140 RJs. That's a drop in the bucket compared to the the total number. Rather embarrassing to the entire profession that DL had close to 1000 RJ airframes flying around.

As far as intra-Texas goes....I don't think I've ever done more than two consecutive Texas legs back to back. So plainly you have no clue about what you are talking about. I usually do two or three leg day and I'm home having a beer by the pool by 1pm on day three. Its a great schedule. And of course, no redeyes. Those blow.

You are seriously comparing a type rating (that's deductible) to DALPA outsourcing of almost 50% of their domestic feed over the past 25 yrs with no end in sight?

Not even close to the same Gen. How many Billions of dollars in wages has DALPA flushed away?

140 RJs. That's a drop in the bucket compared to the the total number. Rather embarrassing to the entire profession that DL had close to 1000 RJ airframes flying around.

As far as intra-Texas goes....I don't think I've ever done more than two bconsecutive Texas legs back to back. So plainly you have no clue about what you are talking about. I usually do two or three leg day and I'm home having a beer by the pool by 1pm on day three. Its a great schedule. And of course, no redeyes. Those blow.

Hi Red. 210 50 seaters will be parked, 70 new 76 seaters will be added, for a net loss of 140. If you don't think 140 RJs leaving is a lot, then you might be "Nuts!" (Think herb...)

It's great the 737 types are deductible, but they ain't free. It's too bad your airline still requires them for newhires. SWA can afford to pay for your training, but chooses not to. Just like Wave stated, fix the outsourcing problem, and t appears the DL pilots started with the last contract. Now it's your turn to stop something that hurts our profession. To say it doesn't is just wrong, and you can't justify it.

And one of those AT guys who initially went to Corndog school said he did 6 legs his first day on an intra Texas trip. They exist, and that sucks. I bet you LUV staying within Texas for 3 days and getting 18 total landings. Fantastic! Did GK say the redeyes would go away totally? I don't think so. And when I do an allnighter, there are either 3 or 4 pilots, meaning I get paid to nap. It's really great.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Last edited:
You can say that again. Oh, wait....

Some people can't seem to understand it the first time around... Come on guys, this isn't tough. This isn't VNAV or autothrottles for you guys, or ETOPS....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Pleases stop saying that you don't fly 6 legs a day, when the only reason you don't is because you outsourced it

Pleases stop saying that you don't fly 6 legs a day, when the only reason you don't is because you outsourced it

Kinda like your company outsourced the type ratings? Not good for our profession. The RJ outsourcing is currently shrinking by the day, thanks to the last contract. You can't dent it, but your PFT deal requiring a type for newhires is still in effect. Work on it. Eliminate it. Do it. Do it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back