• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for AA or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LUV got some LGA slots. HOU international terminal, Fingures crossed on DCA.

I have been using zero growth on myseniority, might be time to change that. 18 year upgrade here I come!

To all that want to leave SWA, if you need help updating logbooks, filling out online Apps, etc. PM me I would like to help you leave. I think SWAPA should start a leave SWA fund that pays for application fees, interview prep, interview ground school etc. it would be the greatest service we can do for the entire membership.

Your post does raise an interesting question -

is the hiring of 250/400 new pilots growth ? Specifically; is this the good kind of growth that creates 250/400 more Captain positions and everybody moves up ? Or is it the semi good kind, that just puts 250/400 men under my man CrashPad - A position that he's quite used to, and enjoys with an unhealthy vigor.

I be thinkin' it's nuthin' but retirements plus some more warm bodies to cover pt. 117 staffing.

LUV got some LGA slots. HOU international terminal, Fingures crossed on DCA.

I have been using zero growth on myseniority, might be time to change that. 18 year upgrade here I come!

To all that want to leave SWA, if you need help updating logbooks, filling out online Apps, etc. PM me I would like to help you leave. I think SWAPA should start a leave SWA fund that pays for application fees, interview prep, interview ground school etc. it would be the greatest service we can do for the entire membership.

They are also cutting 3 cities next June. Key West, Branson (MO), and Jackson (MS). (According to SWA media report today). Maybe those flights will fill new LGA or DCA expansion.

Bye Bye---General Lee

They are also cutting 3 cities next June. Key West, Branson (MO), and Jackson (MS). (According to SWA media report today). Maybe those flights will fill new. LBB or HRL expansion.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I fixed it for you General . I think someone logged onto your acct. :)

I fixed it for you General . I think someone logged onto your acct. :)

OMG.... You're right! Thank you for correcting that. I would like to add something though, more AMA expansion too, hopefully nonstops to ISP. That......would......be...... FANTASTIC!!! ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

They are also cutting 3 cities next June. Key West, Branson (MO), and Jackson (MS). (According to SWA media report today). Maybe those flights will fill new LGA or DCA expansion.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Probably has something to do with the 24 slots Southwest just picked up in LGA. Much higher profit margin.

Probably has something to do with the 24 slots Southwest just picked up in LGA. Much higher profit margin.

Uhhhhh, you mean 12 new slots, or 6 round trips. The others were already being leased from AA. Why the embellishment? You guys tend to do that. You got 6 new roundtrips, and had to pay for it.

"Southwest Airlines Acquires Slots At New York's LaGuardia Airport
PR Newswire Southwest Airlines 4 hours ago
DALLAS, Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (LUV) has acquired 12 takeoff and landing slots (for six roundtrip flights) at New York's LaGuardia Airport (LGA) being divested by American Airlines as part of its merger with US Airways. In addition, Southwest gained permanent control of 10 takeoff and landing slots (for five roundtrip flights) that it currently operates under a lease from American. Details of the transactions are confidential. Southwest plans to begin its new service at LGA in May 2014. Details of the new service will be available later this month."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Did you really just ask us why we "embellish" general?
Seriously?

Did you really just ask us why we "embellish" general?
Seriously?

Yes, yes I did, specifically Red. Red LUVs to inflate his ego, even while he's on left base to MAF, for his 5th leg that day. He neglected to point out basic parts of your purchase, while boasting of additional slots that were already used. Don't worry though, I quickly pointed out the correct amount. You're welcome Wave!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back