• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave Netjets...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Leaving a good job with lots of seniority can have a down side to it. But what you are saying is no one should listen to someone saying their might be a downside. Kinda like the Captain of the Titanic ignoring calls about icebergs.

Seriously.... dont go away mad... just go away.

How important are internal recs to get interviewed/hired at Netjets.

You say that. The rumor mill on the outside says that your pipeline is full, that the sims are all going full blast just managing recurrents and the newhires that are already on property. I know one guy who got through initial and is sitting at home playing golf waiting to go to work. Has been for weeks, due to a lack of IOE captains. And the interview is no gimme.

I have yet to have the pleasure of an interview, but two pilots that I know have. They are both excellent, exceptional pilots, with great customers service skills, and they couldn't even get to the second day. Several of us have discussed this, and we can't see any pattern-at all! Great guys get hired; great guys can't get a sim eval. Truly crappy pilots get hired; truly crappy pilots bust the sim. It makes no sense that we can see.

I can't even get a phone call. I know, I know, but I really do have the experience that you want (closing in on 9,000 hours, 1000 hours pic turbine, college degree and no skeletons) and two internal recs. Not so much as a phone call.

It could be that I just suck, but I hear that you guys just can't get past the sim bottleneck and train everybody.

Don't get me wrong. I'm on your side, and wish you guys the very best in your negotiations. And yes, there is a pilot shortage developing. But in my opinion, that shortage has not struck NetJets pilot recruiting. Not yet.

Last edited:
There are many great candidates not getting hired probably for one big reason- they are probably showing some sort of spine on the interview and the company is afraid they will toe the union line more than they will be willing to overlook little things like grounding items, calling in fatigued or sick when actually fatigued or sick, or maybe they won't be willing to extend at every opportunity. I haven't talked to or met any of those who have been hired so I hope I'm wrong or that they played the interview well and will not toe the company line. Those running the interviews are definitely not the people the union would prefer.

From the small sample size from FI, 2500-4000 hrs seems to be a popular range for new hires.... Just experienced enough to know what they are doing. Not quite "experienced" enough to punch a ticket to anywhere they choose.

Several of us have discussed this, and we can't see any pattern-at all!.

NetJets uses the self-disqualifying method of selection:

If you apply for a NetJets pilot job under the present conditions, you are nuts.

Nuts are disqualified from pilot positions.

Ergo: If you want the job, you won't get it.

Only pilots who don't want to work at NetJets need apply.

Nuts may be hired as managers, but not as pilots.

Does this help?

It looks like you have been missing alot of work lately?

Well, I wouldn't say I've been missing it.

As far as the new hires? They will be foaming at the mouth within 6 months I'm sure.

Or to put it another way? From the movie Overboard shortly before Curt put Goldie in the rain barrel;
"Blub, blub, blub, blub"!!!!!!!!

Have fun everybody! enjoy the bonfire!!!!!!

When I was a young boy I wanted to run away and join the circus!! And now I have!!!!!!

I could go on and on!!!!!!

Whenever I call Brigeway and they put me on hold I don't here the old "rolling blues", I hear the circus song!!! (Doo do do do do do doot doot doit, Doo do do do do do doot doot dgdoit).

I don't fault my fellow line level employees at Brigeway, I feel bad for them.

Latest resources

Back