• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leather Jackets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We tried the blazer and leather jacket but opted for this instead. Super warm and loved by 'da ladeeez.

HMR said:
We tried the blazer and leather jacket but opted for this instead. Super warm and loved by 'da ladeeez.

... can't even see yer friggin' epaulets under all that bling. Howz it stand up to Skydrol and Type 1 fluid?

HMR said:

Who do you fly for? Fabulair?

(Sorry, I saw the shot, so I took it. I only went below the hard deck for a moment...)

why wear a leather jacket when you can wear a tan flasher jacket--soo nice and very practical.

(it is cool to see the ceo wearing a leather jacket and we get these tan things--although they make great blankets for the sleep room)

fbt (9 on the survey)

FedExFlyer said:
About a year ago in the local paper, there was a Joe Schmo pilot from Airtran that had his uniform on in an engagement announcement picture with his fiance. We laughed for a while at breakfast that morning.

C'mon you know everyone wants to be with the "COOL" pilots. :cool:

AWA also allows for the jacket. It's very functional. Yes, as somebody pointed out, it doesn't look all that great for one crewmember to be wearing the blazer and one the leather, but I can live with it.

Don't do it

In my opinion ( I know it doesn't really count) I think the leather jackets are cheesy and unprofessional. Sure it might be more functional, but I just think it looks unprofessional. Not to mention that it looks like you're trying to be something that you're not. I've always associated the leather jackets with military bombers and fighter jet jocks, but you're neither of those.....you are a professional pilot and should dress the part ( that is not to say military pilots are not professional). It would be like showing up to work and going to a meeting wearing your leather jacket as opposed to your suit..... Just my view.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back