Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BusterHymen

Giant
I don't spend too much time in passenger terminals (I fly freight), but recently I had to deadhead on AA and noticed that American Airlines pilots are now sporting leather jackets. How long have they been wearing leather, and is there any other carrier out there that has pilots wearing leather jackets also?

ExpressJet, ASA, Southwest for sure.

And I work for a half a$$ micro managed 135 outfit that says leather jackets are unprofessional. Makes no sense to me. I guess I will wear my shiny Members only jacket.

Eagle has the option too. Anybody know where to get the jackets at a cheaper price? $300-$350 is too much on my salary! Perrone has a corner on the market.

getonit said:
And I work for a half a$$ micro managed 135 outfit that says leather jackets are unprofessional. Makes no sense to me. I guess I will wear my shiny Members only jacket.

They make perfect since. They are far more functional than a uniform coat + an overcoat when pre-flighting and loading bags / pax in the winter.

your operator is affraid you will want them to pay for them. Ours are company funded and have zip in liners for those blasted trips to Chicago and Teterboro in the winter.

Flex Jet wears them too.

If you are going to wear the Members Only jacket, Dont forget the Rock-n-Roll pins.

Last edited:
Jacket Supplier

Darby Crash said:
Eagle has the option too. Anybody know where to get the jackets at a cheaper price? $300-$350 is too much on my salary! Perrone has a corner on the market.

See attached link, this is the supplier for our leather jackets at Atlas Air. We use the A2 Zero Gravity Bomber Jacket, it comes customized with our logo embroidered inside along with your name on a patch. The jacket also has a removable liner for colder climates http://www.americanmystique.com/index.html

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back