Leaks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

Should have real info soon. Here is what I got. Pile on if you got the goods.

1. AAI ATL 737 base is gonzo.
2. January 2013 integration begins. 30 months ish for the whole deal to be done.
3. Pay when you get to SWA.
4. Seniority improves 300 numbers for the top guy. 200 for the stapled F/O's everywhere inbetween for the middle.
5. Captains will not be eligible for SWA 737 Captain seats regardless of seniority. Will only be able to bid 717 Capt.

So SWA what do we bring to the table. The ability to negotiate. I think I speak for the entire industry when I say we whooped your a$$. We made GK suck it. I bet you wish you got arbitration after that throttling!

With all due respect, GK put a gun to our heads during negotiations. It is what it is but beating us when we are down serves no purpose. If you were us, you would have fought just as hard and vice versa. I have always been respectful on this forum and so should you.

I am us. GK did exactly what I expected. You must have missed the signs. The BATNA thing on WIKI. The book nuts. The way they handled Frontier and ATA.

What did you think. AAI was going to "break the mold"? Did you think SWA wouldn't leave outs in the process agreement? Maybe you were in the "I need my threats in writing" camp. Maybe you thought our lawyers were better than theirs (really ALPA in house is the guy who got his law degree from U of Phoenix online).

We had 7 people who are either dumb or illiterate... doesn't matter. Thanks ALPA for saving us from our selves. We will take it from here... anymore "help" or "saving" and we'll be unemployed.

Oh...I thought you were SWA. I believed the threats from day one and am very upset with our MEC. I just don't want our future SW brothers gloating at the manner this went down.

No gloating from 99% of us here at swa. However this turns out, I don't think any of us have enjoyed this process any more than AT pilots have. It was dumped on both groups and hopefully we can stand together under that realization down the road.

No Pilot group is going to tell a good CEO how to run his/her Company. Not SWAPA or ALPA. It is what it is. SWAPA has been working side by side with SWA Management for over 30 years, we respect eachother and understand the relationship. You will benefit from this -all of this, when you get here.

With all due respect, GK put a gun to our heads during negotiations. It is what it is but beating us when we are down serves no purpose. If you were us, you would have fought just as hard and vice versa. I have always been respectful on this forum and so should you.

Well said. However anonymous forums are no place to look for reliable information but can be quite entertaining while providing a forum for internet bullies and antagonist.

Should have real info soon. Here is what I got. Pile on if you got the goods.

1. AAI ATL 737 base is gonzo.
2. January 2013 integration begins. 30 months ish for the whole deal to be done.
3. Pay when you get to SWA.
4. Seniority improves 300 numbers for the top guy. 200 for the stapled F/O's everywhere inbetween for the middle.
5. Captains will not be eligible for SWA 737 Captain seats regardless of seniority. Will only be able to bid 717 Capt.

So SWA what do we bring to the table. The ability to negotiate. I think I speak for the entire industry when I say we whooped your a$$. We made GK suck it. I bet you wish you got arbitration after that throttling!

I have to agree w Funnyman... WTF is that last paragraph? You sound like either one of our (SWAPA) dikks on here or you're really bad at sarcasm. Either way, its very confusing.

I, for one, immediately understood Crash's last line as self-deprecating humor. Good stuff. WTF is up with waiting until 2013 to start integrating though? Oh, that gives us all time to be furloughed. I get it.

Latest resources

Back