• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leaks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No Pilot group is going to tell a good CEO how to run his/her Company.

this right here seems to be something many, and i almost want to say more of our swa guys than aai guys, seem to forget. and this is business, not some warm fuzzy family reunion. no reason we can't be civil.

AAI. Which means unemployed if the 2013 thing is true. The list is life and we won't be on it for a long time.

Where you sit is where you stand, but I honestly believe that no one will be out of a job come 2013 and beyond.

Our company does not work like that.

Save this thread, and if I am wrong you can jam it down my throat in a few years. Howerver, I am quite confident I am right.

SWA is not in the business of destroying lives, they are in the business of moving airplanes and taking extraordinary care of their Employees.

It is going to be a wild ride for all of us.

Will do. Hope you are right. First rounds on you... You can afford it. What's the geezer meter at? Might need that.

Is the 300 # improvement for the top guy a captain or FO? If it's for the #1 guy on the Tranny list, it would mean better than DOH.

I usually avoid being serious, but here goes.
First, there are a lot of senior fella's over here at SWA that "seriously" want worse case - as in no integration, Transtar/Muse, what have you. Same sense with junior FO's, regardless of the stand alone consequenses. Short sighted - yes, human - yes. Comments on this and other boards have circulated widely painting our future brethren in a poor light, as some of ours have as well in reverse, I'm sure. GK, while I have my MBA criticisms, may have played this whole thing very well, allowing the antagonism amongst our groups to only go so far before laying down the law for both sides. It may behoove us, very soon, to work together to get this arranged marriage consumated quickly in order to direct our ire, collectively, at GK where it belongs as Section 6 is upon us soon. Knowing the nature of fractious and fratricidal SLI integration, GK may have needed this to better define his business strategy and costs going forward, all the while proving to really be a leader by actually giving the troops someone to dislike and focus upon - himself. Motivates the minions to keep them from beating each other up, then strategically throw in carrots of growth and the plan going forward. Collectively, future Sec 6 negotiating capital is going to have to be spent on things we can't even begin to comprehend now. We better start thinking about them.

"With all due respect, GK put a gun to our heads during negotiations."

If you do not like the deal, vote it down...hell the SWA side may vote this down and off to arby we go or the company intervenes again...

Sounds like better seniority for AAI pilots (which is what those on here stated they wanted) but the pay (for now) and seat protections (and furlough protection for now) are gone...

Section 6... Tell you what I wouldn't do right before section 6. Start a B scale airline. GK played this masterfully. He can still dump us all on the street for another couple years. Basically we backfill your retirements and are the cheapest regional in the SWA system.

Best part we negotiated our own downfall.

Latest resources

Back